Recent content by IBitePrettyHard

1. IBitePrettyHard

Trying Evans UV2

The problem more me is that UV1 and UV2 heads have less attack. That's a total deal-breaker for me.
  2. IBitePrettyHard

What should I do with this $100 snare?

I don’t know anything about collarless heads, I’ll have to look into it.
  3. IBitePrettyHard

Bell Brass Snare On The Cheap?

@microkit , I have a 14x6.5" Ludwig Supralite and in all honesty, I think it has a lot of the same properties of a bell brass. They're only $200 and worth every penny. It has chest vibrating depth to the sound, with both crack and low end. You should check one out and see if that comes close...
  4. IBitePrettyHard

odery cafe kit

Why I wouldn't buy the Odery Cafe kit: -It sounds terrible -Short stack toms suck hard. They sound thin, like toy drums. -No wood hoops on the bass drum? -Basswood shells = bad. Poplar would be preferable. -I do not know enough about Odery drums to be confident buying them. I doubt many here...
  5. IBitePrettyHard

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

Exchange it for another Supra that isn't faulty. Don't replace it with a different make/model...none will sound as good as a Supra! And the Supra IS a versatile drum, arguably the most versatile on the planet. You don't have to tune it like Bonham. :)
  6. IBitePrettyHard

The bass drum sounds great, especially considering how imperfect it is. Tuning rods are slightly bent, the bearing edges aren't perfect, and the hoops (despite me refinishing them) are imprecise. It shouldn't sound as good as it does. I have it set up with a Remo P3 batter and Ambassador...
  7. IBitePrettyHard

I think you're right, those are the 2 best options. Make it playable or sell it. I'm leaning towards making the snare playable though, because I really like how the bass drum sounds, and want to keep them together. What good is a drum if you can't play it, after all? The extra hole was...
  8. IBitePrettyHard

odery cafe kit

What's your budget? If you can afford it, you should look at the Pearl Midtown or Ludwig Breakbeats kit first. Odery is a drum company from Brazil. I would not get that kit for a variety of reasons.
  9. IBitePrettyHard

I have one too! It's a Slingerland Student model with 8 lugs. It came with a matching 22x12" single-tension bass drum. The date stamp says 1958. Mine has a different strainer though, and I don't think the snare beds are as dramatic as yours. You got a great deal. This snare usually goes...
  10. IBitePrettyHard

Price Check On Noble and Cooley Snare

Noble and Cooley drums hold their value pretty well.
  11. IBitePrettyHard

Ludwig NEUSONIC FAB DIGITAL BLACK OYSTER SE

Imagine if DW suddenly stopped using the turret lug.
  12. IBitePrettyHard

New to me kit on the way !

I'm pretty sure I saw that same kit for sale the other day! It was an awesome deal and I almost thought about posting the deal here. Glad to see someone from the forums got it. You'll love that kit!
  13. IBitePrettyHard

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

Something is wrong if you can't get a perfect sound out of a Supra. It sounds to me like the snares themselves could have some imperfections that cause it to ride off the head too far? Look VERY closely at the end plates on the snares. If the solder is even 1mm higher than it should be, it...
  14. IBitePrettyHard

Tama Club Jam Mini 2019 vs Tama Club Jam Flyer 2020

I would not recommend the Club Jam Flyer unless you just want a novelty kit to mess around with for fun. It has a 10" floor tom. Ten. Inch. Floor. Tom. lol. Not to mention the teeny 8" rack tom and tiny 14" bass drum. Too small to be practical. I suppose buskers could find some use for it...
  15. IBitePrettyHard

my happy place

That's a sweet setup! Is that a Premier? 22/12/13/16/18?