Recent content by HORNYSDRUMS

1. HORNYSDRUMS

Vintage Arbiter Custom Formula 602 Cymbals

Awesome thanks @type85 (y)
  2. HORNYSDRUMS

Vintage Arbiter Custom Formula 602 Cymbals

Picked up a couple of cymbals today, one of which is a 20" Ride with 'Arbiter London CUSTOM Foreign Made Formula 602' stamped on it (First 3 Photos). As far as I am aware this is a Paiste Formula 602 that was imported by Ivor Arbiter imported, and had stamped with the Arbiter name (please...
  3. HORNYSDRUMS

Let’s see your Engraved snare drums

Is this what you mean?? 😂 Found inside an old Premier 1036 I purchased in 2017, anyone know this Kevin Hakes?
  4. HORNYSDRUMS

Help me identify this mapex kit

Yes it looks like the Mapex M Series (4th pic floor tom badge gives it away). M was short for Mars which was their earlier series. I believe they went through a few variations of shell material, between Birch, Maple and Basswood. I saw something @drummer-russ said in another thread, if the...
  5. HORNYSDRUMS

best STAVE snare builder?

Likewise, I'm sure there are plenty of awesome builders out there I haven't tried! There is a company in the UK called De Broize Custom Drums that make some lovely drums, using reclaimed wood. The Koto series use Koto wood from an old work bench, and the air vent utilises the original bolt...
  6. HORNYSDRUMS

What is your favourite ride cymbal you own

I picked up an original Paiste Formula 602 24" ride last year, and it is delicious :love: I've also got a Zildjian A Sweet Ride 21" that I got YEARS ago that is a beauty. I've tried quite a few since and they seem to vary in weight and sound quite a bit, haven't found another that I like as...
Back