Recent content by Heavy Edge

1. H

Rogers Dynasonic Setup

I recently got a late 60s Rogers Dynasonic COB, and my initial gut-instinct setup turned out to be pretty good. I'm using a Diplomat Coated over a Hazy. I cranked the bottom head really tight, tightened the snares until they didn't rattle (actually, pretty tight), and brought them up so they...
  2. H

Stick Control - Your Routine

How did you get through Stone's Stick Control? What was your routine? How many patterns is it reasonable to work on in a week? Did you finish one set of exercises before moving on to the next, or did you practice patterns from a couple of exercises? How many tempos and dynamic levels did you...
  3. H

Selling Stuff Moan ...

I recently went to my local drum store to see if I could unload my orphans and some misc hardware. I figured I'd take store credit and pick up a nice snare or some hats or something. Walking through the store, it was almost exclusively junk. Lots of low end stuff in bad condition. But there...
  4. H

Back in the Saddle Again

Hello, drummers! I just started playing again after a 27 year hiatus. Drums were my first instrument. I played from ages 6 to 18, and then that was it for another 27 years. Guitar has been my main instrument since I was about 9, but I've never lost my total love for drums. I write music, do...
  5. H

Hi Hat Heel

After taking up drums again after a 25+ year hiatus, I'm relearning everything from scratch. On one hand, I'm stunned at how little coordination I have. On the other, I'm amazed how after 4 days of playing, it's actually coming back. Anyway, I've figured out that I'm a heel-up player on the...