Recent content by GruntersDad

1. GruntersDad

Age old question: How to prevent the kick drum/hi hat from sliding away

I did this with a piece of rope. make a loop on one end, measure stool to drum distance, place a loop on the other end. Set up, put a loop around opposing lugs. Drum on.
  2. GruntersDad

My Custom Green Sparkle Kit

Is that a 6 lug bass drum?
  3. GruntersDad

Olympics Anyone?

Cetainly done on person, picking a small person. Dead weight, just a vocal metronome and cheerleader. 2017 they allowed females to ride in the mens sculls.
  4. GruntersDad

nervous about the first drum lesson

Being nervous just means you care. One day, one lesson at a time. Good luck.
  5. GruntersDad

What black color should I use to paint my Pearl set?

all you need do is sand the gloss or finish off of the green, so that the black will adhere. Save the torch for lighting your barbecue grill.
  6. GruntersDad

What black color should I use to paint my Pearl set?

My experience with paint tells me there is flat, matte, semi gloss, and gloss and whatever number of flecks, sparkle, or glass you add, but there is only one black. Not light black, dark black, etc. just black
  7. GruntersDad

Screws for snare throw-off

Take the good one to a hardware store and ask for help. Maybe 25 cents
  8. GruntersDad

Cracked Up: The Darrell Hammond Story

This was always said about Johnny Carson
  9. GruntersDad

Its Hot!

I got tired of shoveling snow. Haven't had to shovel any sunshine yet.
  10. GruntersDad

Olympics Anyone?

And with that we will bring this episode to a close. Any other Olympic topics are welcome. Further discussion of mental health issues will be deleted so save your time.
  11. GruntersDad

Olympics Anyone?

I used to dive, at an amateur level, and have taken my 3 or 4 steps, did my spring and forgot what I was doing. Fell into the soft water. Not a full flip with two twists landing on a somewhat but wooden floor. She was lost and did the right thing by sitting out until she gets it right.
  12. GruntersDad

Dusty Hill, ZZ Top bassist, dies at 72

Just read that
  13. GruntersDad

Yo what pedals are you guys rocking?

First generation Taye, Metalworks. Adjustable in 40 directions. From 2007
  14. GruntersDad

Cocaine

This is a fine line, but the decision is ultimately yours. Sorry, but not here....." do not discuss drug use or any illegal activities," best of luck
  15. GruntersDad

Olympics Anyone?

I'm thinking anxiety attacks, and I've been there, so it's scary. Doing a vault and doing the improper amount of twists, not knowing where you are can be scary and dangerous. But why now after all of these years of competition??