Recent content by GruntersDad

1. GruntersDad

Coffee

And we all know why!!! One way trips to Mars can be arranged
  2. GruntersDad

First audition

Don't overplay or show off. Play straight to the music. Playing too much nervous could cause mistakes and ruin your chances.
  3. GruntersDad

What's In A Name?

When I moved to Florida I got together with a bunch of guys pier fishing and there were three or four of us named John or Johnny, so I chose Johnny G. Last initial . It became G-Man, G-Money, G, and a few others. I coached swimming for many years, and was Coach, or Coach Johhny, but nothing...
  4. GruntersDad

just getting back into to drumming after looooong hiatus

My break was for 32 years . Truly for fun and hobby at this point.
  5. GruntersDad

Coffee

Talk coffee. Other stimulate posts will be deleted. Thank you.
  6. GruntersDad

If you had a Drum Shop Credit?

5 or 6 Zildjian Light K's. Heads and sticks. My Renown are fine for me.
  7. GruntersDad

INSTAGRAM / YOUTUBE DRUMMING CULTURE: LOVE IT? HATE IT? WHY?

Like everything else, there is good and bad. The secret is to not dwell on the bad. If you don't like something move on. Life is short.
  8. GruntersDad

Gretsch Catalina Special Edition Snare

Catalina had a special kit, last year, brownish finish, with wood hoops. This snare is not one of those obviously but for new, in the box, for $120. ot should be worth it. Ask the seller what is special. https://www.gretschdrums.com/drums/catalina-special-edition
  9. GruntersDad

Thank You Drummer World!

Back to the original thought. There are flags that can tell you the age of a post. The date and time in the top left corner of the last post. The number of posts, top right hand corner, #34, this one, and but the number of pages that have been posted. In this case 2. Sometimes it seems a...
  10. GruntersDad

Real Gretsch drums or no?

The tom mount could have been added to a virgin bass drum. I added one to my Renown bass drum, and the silver sealer is not on the lower lines.
  11. GruntersDad

Copper Hoops

I'm guessing copper clad like pennies.
  12. GruntersDad

What's better

You might play for enjoyment, but if you feel, hear something is wrong correct it. Since I don't play out that is my philosophy. I missed too many ears without playing to hope to be awesome, so I have fun.
  13. GruntersDad

MEE Modular In Ear Monitors

Done. Good luck
  14. GruntersDad

You know you’re getting old when...

When your next birthday is your 73rd. That means you are starting year 74. sighhhhh.
  15. GruntersDad

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

From the RoadShow ad. Second-rate gear only makes your drumming journey harder.