Recent content by Griffin

1. Griffin

Albums You Hated - But Became a Favorite

Just picked up the Trafalgar LP this week, such a great record!
  2. Griffin

PST 7- Are they descent for the price?

completely agree. And as a happy owner of a set of PST 7s thins, I’d say they are decent period.
  3. Griffin

Jazz kit recommendations

Yeah I can normally hear a fellow drummer from a few blocks away, not sure how that’s going to fly in an apartment. Even e-kits aren’t as quiet as the marketing claims (learned that the hard way from a downstairs neighbour).
  4. Griffin

Udrilled,virgin base drum pros&cons

Was it DW who popularised the undrilled=expensive aesthetic? Totally get this line of thinking though, especially because there are some bad looking mounts out there (looking at you Pearl, sorry @C.M. Jones )
  5. Griffin

Jazz kit recommendations

If you want a bop kit that’s also portable I;ve heard great things about the Yamaha Stage Custom Hip Or if you prefer a five piece set up then the Yamaha Manu Katche Jr is great (it’s what I use and my back thanks me every time I load in the 16inch kick).
  6. Griffin

Post your pre Covid gig shots

There’s some amazing shit’s in this thread! I must say though viewing this as an Australian is a bit weird. Normally we’re super jealous of the overseas music scene and feel very isolated, but as someone who’s gigging again for the first time I feel ver fortunate to be into music in Aus but also...
  7. Griffin

Thanks man. Good to be back!
  8. Griffin

What is your greatest drum related success?

Hopefully still to come 😂
  9. Griffin

Most beautiful drum tracks??

I don’t think I saw it posted yet. One headlight, the snare in that is a thing of beauty all on its own.
  10. Griffin

I it’s funny. I come down on the opposite side of this for the same reason. I like a drilled bass drum because I like the visual of mounted rack toms, but then I also play 2-up one down.
  11. Griffin

I haven’t been around much lately — completed EP

I haven’t been on this message board for a couple of months. Life’s been pretty hectic! But pretty excited because yesterday my band launched the project I’ve been working on... our debut EP. If you’re interested and or have time, I’d love to know what people think! And I promise I’ll be around...
  12. Griffin

Some band promos we’ve been working on!

Hey, so I’ve been a bit MIA in these parts lately— been really busy with uni and managing my band (live music is making a slow come back 🎉), but here’s some promo stuff I’ve been putting together for Instagram reels (it’s Instagram’s new feature that’s basically tik tok or if you’re old the vine...
  13. Griffin

Band member vs. cast member.

I think that’s an interesting topic also, I do think corporate continuity is a different from i continuity, but there are definitely cases of Frankenstein brands I don’t like— Mini coopers v Morris minis is an automotive example of one such frankenbrand
  14. Griffin

Band member vs. cast member.

This is the element of the “classic rock” scene or “legacy acts” or whatever that I detest. I have no problem with cover bands and tribute acts but this kind of licensed “official band” bothers me. It’s just a way of cashing in on brand recognition, I also think it robs younger performers of...
  15. Griffin

Sonor Sq1 (or birch in general) head choices!

If ypu’e going for that classic rock low fat sound, Emperoros over ambassadors is hard to beat.