Recent content by Ghostin one

1. G

Cymbal Center Hole

I doubt it would become an issue. A few strokes with a round file of similar diameter would clean it up quickly. Or maybe emery cloth (or even sandpaper) wrapped around an old drum stick... Grombals are good for this situation, but I don't like to use them on 8mm stands, except for splash...
  2. G

Unique sound from lotus gong.

I looked at the Grotta Sonora website a little. They make some neat stuff. The gongs are a steel alloy instead of the usual bronze. One gong is called a "harp gong" - it has harp strings on posts mounted to the gong itself.
  3. G

Who's unique and has cash... and, space?

It's on Phoenix craigslist, $7500
  4. G

Grapevine Fires - My first cover

That is cool ... I remember watching McGerr's video on how he plays it, with a hi hat foot chik for one of the normally shuffled hi hat notes - I didn't catch on, but might try again now.
  5. G

Tris Imboden here!

I saw a tour with Chicago / Earth Wind and Fire maybe ten or more years ago, it was a blast!
  6. G

Would you play gigs with it ?

I'd reserve it for weddings and better paying gigs. There are a few bars where I wouldn't take a nice set like that. If I were playing more often and better gigs, I'd make sure my insurance covered damage. I used to play with a cellist / bass player who paid $75K for his bow - no idea what the...
  7. G

What Would You Do? (Need Advice Here)

Has it been longer than two months for the first deal?
  8. G

What are the best snare heads for an 80's hard rock tone?

Remo Emperors, CS dots... regular ambassador heads worked too. It's probably more about the drum and tuning, though.
  9. G

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

Try a strap instead of the chain, and maybe a lighter beater.
  10. G

Which Drums to Buy

If it happened to me, I'd be looking at Tama Star, Gretsch, Inde, or maybe some really nice vintage drums.
  11. G

Who's unique and has cash... and, space?

The seller's North history seems a little off... the Italian-made drums were polystyrene and made after the fiberglass drums. But wow, that's a lot of drums. Looks like they would clean up nice.
  12. G

Rumble with a front rack and 5 cymbals on it?

I love these things: https://www.crsnorway.com/learn/ They will solve this problem, but they're not cheap.
  13. G

And so it begins: Live Nation puts the screws to performers.

Both, is what I was thinking. At least "its" wasn't spelled with an apostrophe!
  14. G

And so it begins: Live Nation puts the screws to performers.

Lol - they don't say "not pay the artist his fee", not her fee, not even their fee... "its fee".
  15. G

Tung oil question

Look into Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil also. Technically, it's more of a varnish than an oil finish but it does have linseed oil in it.