Recent content by Ghawk

1. Ghawk

Yamaha HexRack weight

Has anyone used the HexRack? I'm thinking of getting one for my kit but I'll only be putting two crashes and two toms on it, so trying to figure if it will be worth it. It's made from aluminium so I expect it to weigh less than other racks, not sure if it would weigh less than two heavy duty...
  2. Ghawk

RocknRoller carts

Just ordered myself the R8 for £135. Thanks for you help, looking forward to using it at the next gig
  3. Ghawk

RocknRoller carts

Wow it's great to hear of your positive experiences. The R6 is on sale for £105 and the R8 for £135. I think I'll spend the bit extra and get the R8
  4. Ghawk

RocknRoller carts

Hello Anyone use the RockNRoller carts? I was thinking of getting one. Any recommendations on what size cart to get? Any negatives? Thanks
  5. Ghawk

Restoring old Pearl Free Floating?

Thanks for your reply. I used aluminium foil on the rusty rivets and thumb screws, cleaned them up really well! I'll give a go on the hoops next
  6. Ghawk

Restoring old Pearl Free Floating?

Hello, hope you're well. I have this Pearl Free Floating Brass 14x3.5 There's a lot of pitting to rims and shell. I was hoping to clean these up, make it look presentable again. Is this possible to do? Or should I get new rims? Thanks
  7. Ghawk

What should I upgrade to?

Thank you all for the replies. I already have a top quality cymbal collection and hardware. As for sizes I'm after 22 Kick, 10, 12, rack tom and 16 floor tom. I will be looking at those kits you have recommended me and hopefully I can try them out at my local store
  8. Ghawk

What should I upgrade to?

Hi all, I'm new here I've decided it's time to upgrade my old 90s Pearl to something nicer looking and sounding. I'm willing to spend up to £2000 and will be using it for mostly recording and a few gigs here and there. Maybe a Yamaha Tour Custom or Pearl Masters? Really not sure what to get...