Recent content by GeoB

1. GeoB

What's your latest purchase?

A roll of Gaffers Tape, stick wax, new 30 wire snares, 2b and 7a freestyle firths.
  2. GeoB

What's a good brass snare drum you guys recommend?

A hammered metal shell. Hammering counters overtones. Also cottonballs replacing those little foam pads inside the lugs to keep the springs from resonating. Hammered Bronze or copper would be nice too. I'm unsure if DIY hammering would crack the chrome on a chromed shell.
  3. GeoB

Drummer whose career you envy and would switch places with

Any good band that splits the proceeds evenly. The Heartbreakers possibly.
  4. GeoB

Quality of drum shell - finest In your opinion

A bit of compression, and projection, especially the toms.
  5. GeoB

Quality of drum shell - finest In your opinion

Keller shells are great. Then I discovered birch toms So, i hybridized the kit, the bass drum and the 12" rack are maple. The 10, 13, 16 toms are birch. The snare is chrome over steel, which I'm still trying little set up changes.
  6. GeoB

"Longer" 7A drumsticks - suggestions?

There's a copy and paste from the Vic Firth website on the American Classic "Freestyle" sticks. https://vicfirth.zildjian.com/sticks1/drumset/american-concept.html
  7. GeoB

"Longer" 7A drumsticks - suggestions?

Vic Firth "Free Style" 7A, are a new design concept. They are 17 inches in length. YouTube Vic Firth to hear the conceptual explanation. I have 4 pairs and a light touch around the kit, so I'm not breaking sticks as a matter of course. If I use a heavier stick it is a 3A.
  8. GeoB

Round vs. Saddle throne?

Good point! I use both, but the saddle is preferred for the kit, and the round is used on the conga/percussion set up. And although I never really thought about it, it might be movement as I move around a bit more on the hand percussion.
  9. GeoB

Ginger Baker undergoes Heart Surgery

In case you haven't heard. At age 76 Ginger is under the knife for a major heart procedure. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cream-legend-ginger-baker-undergoes-8348095
  10. GeoB

Ask any drummer one question

If you could ask any drummer just one question: Who would that drummer be, and what would be the question?
  11. GeoB

Looking for solar or wind powered E-kit

Hi! I'm looking to play an e-kit outside when camping, at the beach or whatever and I am looking to make an e-kit into a solar powered or wind powered. That way I can play in the great out-of-doors and nobody will notice and without any trees being harmed in any way. Perhaps a camo model so...
  12. GeoB

Andriod probs

My "smartphone" started acting stupid. It's a ZTE Z796C (which may be the problem). The OS is Jelly Bean. I can wifi I can call I can text But for some unknown reason I can't get on the mobile network. I am really savvy on how setup works etc... I rebooted, I factory reset, I took the batt...
  13. GeoB

Tipping the Band

We all know about the gate percentages, the jar, the wanton fan who buys a round etc... Anybody seen this new idea? Which I think is overdue.
  14. GeoB

Rolling Stone Does it Again - 100 Greatest Drummers Of All Time

Greatest Drummer Of All Time!!!! Ranked how? Sheer talent, right place and the right time, record sales, or a combination thereof? http://www.ranker.com/list/rolling-stones-100-greatest-drummers-of-all-time/music-lover?page=4
  15. GeoB

Blaze Starr passes at 83

But in the days of her storied past....