Recent content by Genazvale

1. Genazvale

LM402 - Is this a defect?

Yes, I replaced the snares to Puresound with fabric strings.
  2. Genazvale

Well, I'm still searching for its best sound, actually. Replacing the original snare head improved it a lot, but not yet perfect to me.
  3. Genazvale

no, as a normal, brand new drum.
  4. Genazvale

Yes, I thought it was something like that, or maybe something they used for hanging it. But aren't they supposed to clean it after that?
  5. Genazvale

Was changing the head for the first time and noticed this flaw. There're 3 of them, actually, in different places. Is this normal?
  6. Genazvale

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

thanks. Keep us posted. I have the same problem. Didnt check the rims yet though.
  7. Genazvale

@Fritz Frigursson, how did the story end up?
  8. Genazvale

I have the same problem. I thought it was me that I can't tune it properly, though I used a tuning app. It sounds perfect without snares, but yes, there's something that buzzes like a loosened nut when snares are on. Better when I tight them more, but then it doesn't ring... Tried stock snares...
  9. Genazvale

Discovered a new snare sound

that's what I did. But used a kind of self-glued rubber tape. Anyway, should receive my hot rods in a few days. I tried all available damping methods, even added gel to the rezo head and no, that's not what I need. Any damping kills the ring, but I want to have that ring.
  10. Genazvale

Discovered a new snare sound

Ok, something cool happened today, gentlemen. I'm trying to soundproof the room and decrease the noise level. So I decided to try different sticks too, not just walls :) So, decided to try rutes and made them at home before ordering, just to check if this something that worth to try. I tied...
  11. Genazvale

Single Stroke Chops - Good Book?

I know what you mean, I had the same idea. Buster Bailey Wrist Twisters have an entire chapter dedicated to single stroke development. Also, check out Solfeggio Ritmique by Agostini - a lot of drills for singles. Great stuff! This one you can find in pdf.
  12. Genazvale

Dante Agostini method teachers?

Yes, that's what I like the most - it's musical and super comprehensive. Add their Tutti playalong book and that's all you need, literally.
  13. Genazvale

I saw. It's too advanced for me now :)
  14. Genazvale

I saw this video long before I posted the question, thanks for sharing. I didn't try that exercise, I'm on page 27 now.
  15. Genazvale

on this webiste https://www.danteagostini.com/en/methods.php they have all the books. If you hover any book with your mouse you'll see the description of each, so you can see what fits best. And if you click it, you'll see an example page.