Gavin Harrison's latest activity

• Gavin Harrison
    Gavin Harrison replied to the thread Gavin Harrison here!.
    Hi Alannah it's actually with Alfred Publishing. It started off as Warner Publishing. cheers Gavin
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi Warrenoids I have been presented with 14" and 16" floor toms many times. I don't tune to any specific reference notes - (although I...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi DeganMusic Did you consider a book of, or else doing a run of transcriptions/ videos on GH05Ric - The Man Who Sold Himself? "Prize"...
  • Gavin Harrison
    That's very possible - I remember using those 12" Remix hi hats a lot around the early 2000's. cheers Gavin
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi Darth Vater How do you like your new birch SQ2 kit and how does it compare to say a Prolite or a maple medium SQ2? I'm loving the...
    • Zildjian-8-A-EFX-1-Cymbal.jpg
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi sahilsarin - I was wondering if you ever use the 13" on your recordings for when the song demands? So instead of using an ensemble...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi DeganMusic I found myself playing a lot of fairly lame "arbitrary" sounding polyrhythmic patterns once I learned how to coordinate...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi Betsi I recently watch the Nord Drum 3Ps video, there are lots of interesting sounds, organic sounds, that are just different and...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi Warrenoids Excellent work on the K Sweet Performance video. Break It All is a very good song, well so is the entire album. Can we...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi sal_tpa I read in Rhythmic Composition that you use two hi-hats in "Blackest Eyes" and I'm assuming the main hi-hat is the K 13" but...
  • Gavin Harrison
    I just like to use it as another percussive colour to add to what else is going on. best of luck ! Gavin
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi TK-421 I'm a huge fan of your playing—your originality, your groove, your super tasteful fills, etc.—so I'd love it if you'd expand...
    • IMG_3757.JPG
    • IMG_3756.JPG
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi Warrenoids I use the blue tribal kit mostly with King Crimson - also I have an identical blue tribal kit stored in the States. With...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi DeganMusic you once mentioned on a podcast (maybe Give The Drummer Some? I forget) that you overheard someone outside your practice...
  • Gavin Harrison
    Hi Dora I usually just use the steel "Straight 8" wires for most things. I designed the 8 strand snares as that's my preference but you...