Recent content by Funkybrewster

1. F

Drum set mascot/luck charm?

New sticks . I have three new pairs at every show. Pricey , yes. But I can’t stand the feel of old sticks on a show. Weird , I know 🤣
  2. F

pinstripe or powerstroke 3 BD head?

So … I’m not sure by what you mean “work “. All drum heads work on drums
  3. F

Remo Pinstripe

Yep. It’s probably the best use for pinstripe ( on a bass drum ) that I’ve found. Don’t really care for them on toms or snare.
  4. F

Ridiculous bands or events that you opened for OR opened for you

A band I was in headlined a “corn boil “ in rural Nova Scotia a few years back. 3 day event ( we just played Saturday night for a 80 minute set ) . Believe it or not - there was about 5,000 people there.
  5. F

Best drum heads for imitating classic jazz/hardbop sound?

I always use coated ambassador- top and bottom to get that old school sound
  6. F

Is anybody in power in the music industry….

If you still have your teeth … it’s not hockey 😄
  7. F

Heheh Much like hockey and britan 😄
  8. F

Watching cricket makes me want to punch someone in the face
  9. F

Or did it hit that post ? Does that mean a “strike” ?
  10. F

It hit him … does that mean he’s “out” in cricket ?
  11. F

Soloing; are you into it?

This is a very good take on it . I don’t solo just for the sake of soloing. It has to have some kind of musical reasoning behind it.
  12. F

You Have To Hit The Toms Hard (Enough....sometimes :) )

You may be confusing just “hitting hard “ for “hitting consistently “ . Sometimes it’s easier to hit hard to get a good consistent recording.
  13. F

Tama SLP 6.5 x 14 Kapur Snare is ringing like Crazy!

This could be something “mechanical “. Maybe : bent hoops , tension rod, tube lug , and maybe just improperly tuned ( there maybe a reason you can’t tune it- see all the above ).
  14. F

Tama SLP 6.5 x 14 Kapur Snare is ringing like Crazy!

I use the Evans dry on a copper snare of mine , Mapex predator. I tune it down nice and low. Think “midnight train to Georgia “. No muffling needed.
  15. F

Any police stories?

Not really a criminal story but here goes… Went to a gig in a small town at the fire hall when I was quite young. Got a flat tire on my way … changed it and carried on . Did the show , packed up and left. Got another flat tire on the way home… no spare because I already used it. It was snowing...