Recent content by Frosticles

1. Frosticles

Learning new songs

I have learned whole sets just by listening to them. I always make a crib sheet also with how each song starts, The structure (2 break 2 etc) Usually good with that :)
  2. Frosticles

Should I buy this snare I want but don’t need?

Do it, If you have the money, it's an itch you need to scratch :)
  3. Frosticles

How do you tune your bass drum reso head?

Have started to tune my resonant higher now. Makes a huge difference & actually lowers the tone of the BD :)
  4. Frosticles

Black Beauty Questions and Input Needed!

I have a hammered 6.5 & absolutely love it. Use a Remo Coated Ambassador 'wide open' with Canopus vintage wires. Ludwig 14x6.5 Hammered Black Beauty by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  5. Frosticles

Snaredrum dilemma!

Had a Black Magic recently. A superb snare & it certainly wouldn't disappoint you. I also have a Supraphonic & that would be my suggestion for you to buy. Haven't heard the Pearl but, they always make fantastic snares & I am quite fond of a steel snare in my Premier 1036 :)
  6. Frosticles

Immigrant Song

Enjoyed that :cool:
  7. Frosticles

21" or 23" A. Zildjian Sweet Ride?

Have the 21. Kind of sidelined at the mo due to a 2002 Heavy Ride being my favourite currently. I won't part with the 21 as it is such a great cymbal :)
  8. Frosticles

I know why I’m in bands

Wearing in-ears has been the best decision I have made musically in 40 years.
  9. Frosticles

Do You Hold On To Stuff You're Not Using?

I keep faaaaaaaar too many things I don't really need or never used. I kind of justify it with thinking I 'may' use it in the future. :rolleyes:
  10. Frosticles

Let's see your kits with side snares

Ace, isn't it :)
  11. Frosticles

Recommendations for (non-BD) tom mounts?

As others have said, If the kit is going to be permanently in situ then a rack is perfect. Pearl, Gibraltar etc will do fine :)
  12. Frosticles

Drum Stools

Look for a second hand Ahead Spinal G. You can thank me later ;)
  13. Frosticles

My new Yamaha kit

What a beauty :love: Just can't go wrong with anything from Yamaha. I need to play mine more :)
  14. Frosticles

Premier drum restoration…

Signia's are beautiful drums. I hanker after the anniversary :love: