Recent content by Frankie4110

1. F

Difference between these heads

Hey guys!! So quick question. Which heads would you be more inclined to get Evans EC2 or the hydraulics? I want to play rock to heavy metal type of songs so I don’t know which would be best. I am still pretty new to drumming so the only difference to me is that hydraulic heads have low sustain...
  2. F

What y’all think about this set?

I’m into playing alternative rock to heavy stuff like Slayer
  3. F

Is this necessary?

Hi everyone, as I’ve said in previous post I am new to drumming. So, i don’t know all the correct terminology but my question is, on the bass drum regardless if you play single or double bass do you need to add that stickers type of thing that the beater hits? Thanks!
  4. F

Cool!, i was looking at some Paiste pst5 or pst7 as well as, meinl HCS or MCS. I really like the paiste but it’s a little pricey, worth the invest i suppose.
  5. F

Thanks all for the honest replies!!! I will save up for better ones!!
  6. F

Yes sorry. That was my brother since we just share the same account. I live in Los Angeles so finding cymbals shouldn’t be too difficult. However, getting good ones is pricey!
  7. F

For a new drummer. How do you feel about Sabians B8X cymbal pack? includes: 14" B8X hi-hats, 16" B8X thin crash, 20" B8X ride, 18" thin crash I think it’s about $300 Thanks everyone!
  8. F

Which double pedal would be best?

Yea you make many great points!! You’re right, it’s an investment so I should look into buying a good set once and for all! Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!
  9. F

How do you feel about the Sabian B8x pack? I think it has the hi hats, crash/ride cymbal and thin crash. I’m not going to play in gigs or record I’m just taking drumming as a hobby.
  10. F

Hi guys, I am new to drumming but really interested in playing rock with lots of double pedal. I don’t know which pedal to choose. Either the Iron cobra 200 series vs pearl p-932 double pedal? Also, i was going to purchase the meinl HCS cymbal pack but a lot of ppl say meinl sucks, what do you...
  11. F

Need Advice on cymbals

What is the difference between the A or AA and all that? Im thinking of getting a new crash and ride and over the months a 14 or 18 china. I got the pearl roadshow kit, the drums are good but I hear the cymbals are horrible.
  12. F

Need Advice on cymbals

Hi everyone, I am new to drumming and don't exactly know what different kinds of cymbals I should have. I am interested in playing anything from alternative to heavy metal like slayer, LoG, etc. So, my question is how many different cymbals would be deemed appropriate for this style of music...
Back