Recent content by Flaflaflafla

1. F

Recommend some drummers that are not yet on drummerworld

Derrick McKenzie from Jamiroquai
  2. F

What are you listening to right now?

This offends my musical sensibilities but I can’t stop (it’s not what you think)
  3. F

Best Cover Ever?

Jump - Paul Anka
  4. F

Songs that mention other songs

Not a direct reference but Zeppelin’s song The Crunge keeps asking “where’s the bridge?” which basically quotes every James Brown song. In fact I guess the whole song is a parody. (Aside: as good as Bonham‘s feel was, he could not play the funk)
  5. F

Anything Ruin Music for You?

Compression and digital music format. Yes obvious double edged sword here. Thanks to YouTube the selections are endless, which is fantastic. But I used to have big speakers and a listening room where I could really immerse myself. Because of the convenience of digital, I’ve kind of lost the...
  6. F

The Perfect Movie

The Dude Abides
  7. F

'playing in the pocket'?

So I guess the consensus is that AC/DC is pocket drumming. Is Nick Mason a pocket drummer? If not, why not?
  8. F

"Reaction Videos"

As a kid I remember countless days with my friends listening to records, introducing each other to our favorite tunes. It was a great feeling when somebody really ‘got’ a song that I love. Reactions are no different. The enjoyment of sharing a song, even if it’s virtual and with a stranger you...
  9. F

The Song Every Drummer Tries to Play But We All Play it Wrong

That isn’t actually Hirsh Gardner, it’s Tony Clifton.
  10. F

Playing “around” the beat

Not sure if this is the correct term, but I’ve heard drummers talk about playing at the rising or falling edge of the beat. I don’t mean constantly pushing the beat ala Copeland or laying back like Cissy Strut (or distorting the beat like J Dilla). You can clearly hear it in those cases. I’m...
  11. F

Millenium(ish) Rock Drummers

Derrick Mackenzie - Jamiroquai Danny Carey - Tool
  12. F

Drummers Can't Dance?

Yes it’s true but y’all are mixing up cause and effect. We choose to drum *because* we can’t dance :unsure:
  13. F

Fave Live Albums

Marillion - Real to Reel. Fish’s blistering, corrosive anti-sermon in the middle of Forgotten Sons is one of most powerful vocal performances I’ve ever heard Coltrane - Live at Birdland. Elvin Jones: Afro Blue Don’t really have a 3rd full album. I’ll just go with this halfway decent drum...
  14. F

What are you listening to right now?

Monsters - Blue Oyster Cult
  15. F

Goofy or Silly Original Songs

Self explanatory—