Recent content by evilg99

1. evilg99

How many of you drummers can play the guitar.

Yup, been playing for about 35 years (started playing at about age 15) and own 5 electrics, a bass and 2 acoustics. Have even played gigs as both a bassist and a guitar player. Still will always be a drummer first , starting at age 7. Learning guitar and bass taught me a lot about playing...
  2. evilg99

New Set Landed

Congrats! 18x12 is a great size!
  3. evilg99

Future 'Vintage' Drums

Signed Craviotto will def be sought after ...already are.
  4. evilg99

Let's see your Remo Colortones !

Put 'em up! Especially matching resonant bass drum heads! I want to see an orange Colortone on a maple drum kit....or anything! Lots of interesting possibilities...
  5. evilg99

Would a 20x10 bass drum work for small gigs?

Yesssss. 20x12 is the magic size ! Just right.
  6. evilg99

Hi hat foot chick volume

Have you tried throwing one of those ching rings on the top hat? Maybe the flexible ones that Big Fat Snare Drum makes? Not exactly a hi hat foot sound but you will defintely hear it. I use one when I really need the 2 and 4 to cut through...
  7. evilg99

What’s the “Supra” of Piccolos?

That ^^ snare sounds so good I want to cry. Piccolos are , it seems snare drum that most drummers at least try. I tend to only like piccolos that sound good tuned medium-medium low (not cranked up high) . These are the ones that I have crossed paths with : I used to own one of those wacky...
  8. evilg99

Yamaha Maple Custom 30th Anniversary

Stunning kit you have there, and amongst the finest sounding drums Yamaha has ever made. That finish is 'jar of unicorn tears' rare ! I'll bet there aren't more than 10 of those ever made.
  9. evilg99

Sabian - NAMM 2020 - more new Complex models

The "picture or it didn't happen" :
  10. evilg99

I know, not something I've ever done but they are that good, really.
  11. evilg99

I just picked up two of the most exquisite Sabian rides I have ever heard. Got these last week, even before the NAMM announcement . Complex thin rides - in 21" and 22" . Exactly what you would expect, like the Complex medium rides but lighter and lower pitched, a bit more wash but never out of...
  12. evilg99

Breaking news : Neil Peart dead at 67

BRAIN CANCER. What hugely influential, epic, yet tragic life. RIP. A huge part of my drumming formative years.
  13. evilg99

Breaking news : Neil Peart dead at 67

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806?fbclid=IwAR0z-PiH0EowCDDzyPR6xVjPawRVAntGAtBAKkq7KT3ht21HR4brBmbhJH8
  14. evilg99

I'm out of gift ideas for myself

My standard smart ass answer to "what do you buy someone who has everything ?" is....something to put it all in. So maybe cases/bags/briefcase/backpack etc ?
  15. evilg99

Are we living in a "Buyer's market?"

Well...I think you can't paint the entire new/used drum market with one brush. I think certain for certain things, yes it's a buyers market. For others - it's sellers market or somewhere in between. Used low end is flooded with gear, - so is the mid line, depending on where you are. But...