evilg99's latest activity

• evilg99
    evilg99 replied to the thread Gretsch VS. Ludwig Shotout!.
    This is kinda like Strat vs. Tele. The only right answer is, of course - both!
  • evilg99
    evilg99 replied to the thread Ludwig Copperphonic Snare.
    Here is a much better demo of the pewter Copperphonic, short but gives you a good idea. In the capable hands of Carter Mac....
  • evilg99
    evilg99 replied to the thread Ludwig Copperphonic Snare.
    Or maybe it took Ludwig 5 months to get Sweetwaters' stock to them...?
  • evilg99
    evilg99 replied to the thread New Gretsch Renown '57.
    One of the reasons why I moved up, for sure. It was eating away at me...."but they aren't USA Customs"... I too prefer playing some...
  • evilg99
    evilg99 reacted to MrInsanePolack's post in the thread New Gretsch Renown '57 with Like Like.
    Not to be "that guy" but you wont find that on a 57 Chevy. Its hidden in the fin.
  • evilg99
    evilg99 reacted to CommanderRoss's post in the thread New Gretsch Renown '57 with Like Like.
    If I were to change anything about this kit, it would be by adding a "gas cap" tom mount. If for nothing else than to add to the classic...
  • evilg99
    The Renowns sound very, very close to the USA Customs, no question and quality is 100% on par. I would have a very hard time picking...
  • evilg99
    I bought a Red '57 Renown Bop kit when they were being discontinued and blown out in 2012.....just found the email: Paid $729 +$100 for...
  • evilg99
    evilg99 replied to the thread British Drum Co Aviator snares.
    Yes, very common, especially with a lot of drum videos from about 5 years ago. Really bad close miking techniques (do you really think...
  • evilg99
    I wasn't aware that this was a common theme, because I haven't played or heard any others. Only heard a few online samples of the...
  • evilg99
    Hey yeah that's cool - just saying the drum wasn't for me. As I mentioned, I am blown away by their attention to detail and build...
  • evilg99
    I really like BDC and what they are doing. Well built drums, lots of fine details and attention to the little things. However. I think...