Recent content by Elvis

1. Elvis

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Yes, you'd have to drill through the hoop. I was just thinking that with a thin shelled drum, like an old 3-ply, there's not much mass there. The hoops are much thicker and can help handle the forces those spurs would see, as one plays their kit. So yes, it eliminates drilling through the shell...
  2. Elvis

What if you got disappearing spurs and mounted them in the front hoop? ...just an idea I've had rolling around in my head for a while now....might wanna check to see if you have room, first. =) Elvis
  3. Elvis

EIGHTIES!!!!!! Love it, Ryno! -b
  4. Elvis

THE IDEAL DRUMKIT!!! 20/12/14/14x5.5 ...;) ...and finally.... Sonor Force Custom 18/12/14/14x5
  5. Elvis

Don't recall what I've posted in this thread....been too many years, but I have several 4-pieces..... Ludwig Classic Maple 18/10/14/13x3 The Second Kit 22/13/15/14x5.5 The Second Kit 22/12/14/14x5.5 (personally, I like this setup better)
  6. Elvis

Drum Tuning Bible

😷
  7. Elvis

Drum Tuning Bible

...could it be that you just set the snares without enough slack that time? I've done it before. A lot of people have. The whole thing with the ribbon was that its supposed to allow the snares to move with the head better because the ribbon stretches more easily than the plastic strap....at...
  8. Elvis

Drum Tuning Bible

Timm, Quick question - why are you going to change to ribbon? If you're getting good performance from your snare drum(s), why not just stick with what's working for you? Elvis
  9. Elvis

Drum Tuning Bible

That because your way of threading the cord forces the wires towards the head, when the strainer is turned on. The other way pulls them away from the head.
  10. Elvis

Drum Tuning Bible

😷
  11. Elvis

Drum Tuning Bible

If you lace them correctly, that's exactly what they're supposed to do Timm. By doing that, they force the actual wires onto the head. It just helps to make sure the wires contact the head, but its ok if you'd rather use straps...just make sure they're Grosgrain straps. =) Elvis
  12. Elvis

Help identify???

"Finnish Avacado" LOL! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  13. Elvis

Help identify???

"Assorted Hardwoods" would probably be the best description. Ghostin one's comments are a good refelction in how far along drum building technology has come along. That we've gotten to a point, for some time now I might add, where even an entry level series drum can be a viable candidate for one...
  14. Elvis

Best Heads For Jazz/ Blues

That's a VINTAGE Ambassador. A recent re-issue of a head they apparently made many years ago. A Remo Ambassador (sans "Vintage") Is literally the definition of a single ply medium weight head.
  15. Elvis

Best Heads For Jazz/ Blues

Coated Remo Ambassador...top and bottom, front and back. Alter where needed. Elvis