Recent content by electrodrummer

1. electrodrummer

Roland PD-8 false triggering with SPD-SX

Just change the minimum trigger level on the SPD until smacking the kick doesn't trigger the pad.
  2. electrodrummer

How to record myself electronic drum

David's regular post Here's the "best" and most flexible way to record edrums 1. Module --> MIDI data --> Software (DAW/Sequencer/whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. I mostly use Cakewalk/Sonar - www.cakewalk.com - which is now free.) 2. Split MIDI data to individual tracks in...
  3. electrodrummer

Advice on 2nd hand Yamaha or entry level new

Better than an Alesis? Down to you to try the pads and listen to the sounds. The DTX is good, though and will last for ages. (replaced by the DTX500, which was replaced by the DTX502...) Alesis is a bit more [cough] flimsy. You'll get cool stuff with the DTX, though, e.g. 3-zone snare, sound...
  4. electrodrummer

DTXpress and DTXpressII Daisy Chain Questions

Only needs to be one direction pads --> module #1 --> MIDI --> module #2 --> audio and pads --> module #2 --> audio
  5. electrodrummer

DTXpress and DTXpressII Daisy Chain Questions

"-I have turned off Receiving settings on sending unit." You need to turn off on receiving unit not sending unit. Imagine the signal flow.... (the sending unit is not receiving anything!)
  6. electrodrummer

Yahama DTX430 - no kick drum sound

Start with a factory reset.,
  7. electrodrummer

e-drum kit for heel-toe double-kick

Cool (that's a heck of a range!) - so what have you actually tried? What features you want? (Looks like you're in the UK "£" - where are you? ) As for your questions: 1. It would be good to have the option of pressure sensitive as well as 'triggered' output - kicks use a piezo pickup. It'll...
  8. electrodrummer

Pedal Issue with DTX400

Whatever it says in the manual, yes :)
  9. electrodrummer

e-drum kit for heel-toe double-kick

Standard "what kit" post: 1. Budget? 2. Budget? 3. What have you played and enjoyed? 4. What features are you interested in? 5. Where are you? 6. ....and... budget :) ;) To which I'll add... Download and read the manuals of anything you're interested in to get a grip on usability and...
  10. electrodrummer

New Yammy

TP120SD for rubber (best rubber pad made by anyone, ever!) XP120SD for silicone
  11. electrodrummer

New Yammy

SO, 12" do? Yammy does those.
  12. electrodrummer

New Yammy

The centres (ie. the 10cm diameter you actually hit) of [cough] "real" drums are the same spacing....
  13. electrodrummer

New Yammy

You don't need "bigger" How big do you want?
  14. electrodrummer

New Yammy

Yamaha, obs. No evil cable snake and 3-zone snarey action and sound layering and(etc)
  15. electrodrummer

New Yammy

'cause anything bigger than 10cm is just a waste. But - If you want bigger pads, buy Yamaha's bigger pads. Or make/use others.