Recent content by electrodrummer

1. electrodrummer

Small quiet-ish home setup?

1. Virtually silent - use any beaterless as above. 2. Add another pad to your TD9 and put a cowbell sound on it! :) -- 1. indeed. 2, £200? Get you 5 x KU100 (bought my last, boxed, for about £20 off the 'Bay) !. -- I'll always suggest a TM-2 plus up to four pads if you want an extra noise...
  2. electrodrummer

Work out the number of input channels you need (so, TD9 L + R, phone L + R etc) Buy a mixer. Mackie, Yamaha etc good. But all down to your budget. Could get a Behringer if you need - but they don't last as well!
  3. electrodrummer

MIDI is not audio. MIDI is data. The SPD is the same as your phone - it's an audio device - it makes audio sounds, SPD --> Audio cable --> TD9 audio in or Phone --> Audio cable --> TD9 audio in To get both use a mixer. Phone + SPD --> audio cables --> mixer --> audio cable --> TD9 audio in...
  4. electrodrummer

It outputs audio. It's a pad + trigger + tome module. Can't plug into a trigger input. Can plug into the audio input. The KT-9 is just a kick trigger, Two different things :)
  5. electrodrummer

Roland TD9-K2 vs Alesis Command Mesh

Metal? Not the Alesis - you'll break the pads too easily - so given those two - The Roland ;) Another to recommend? Any Yamaha (more features, better sounds [1] no evil proprietary cable snake ;) ) Go hit some. Avoid entry dead-end level models- always go higher 2nd hand. [1] subjective, obs,
  6. electrodrummer

Yamaha DTX6K3-X vs DTX950K

Indeed. And single / dual / triple layer etc. Why I always tell people to test drive before buying. (I have some meshy stuff floating around here somewhere ;) )
  7. electrodrummer

Well, they are the market leaders in that no one else offers a 3-zone pads, with no hot spots out-of-the box, with on board pad controllers, on-board level output adjusters, etc apart from Yamaha. Not to mention the pad feel etc. (This also applied to Yamaha's rubber pads, which again were...
  8. electrodrummer

Bouncy, hot-spotty, only 2-zones... and can be bloody loud like hitting Tupperware :(
  9. electrodrummer

Cable down back of neck, held on to shirt collar with a cable croc clip if necessary. Sorted. Same as with IEMs. Don't have the cable down your front. Never use Bluetooth headphones with drums. Hit drum, wait for a bit..... hear the hit. #latency. - so - still no need for Bluetooth!
  10. electrodrummer

Give 'em a go if you can. Both similar in that it's a piezo under the footboard. KU100 has a single spring, KT9 has two (both non adjustable, but I've seen people replace 'em). KU100 works up my Roland things. YMMV ;)
  11. electrodrummer

What have you tried? Roland / Yamaha are cool. No Alesis (or Medeli-derived) owner like their hats ;) ps. They do take some personalising. You rock up to one in a music shop late Saturday afternoon and it *will* be bad and won't be setup for your preference and playing style. pps. I have all...
  12. electrodrummer

Mini Electronic Drum Set (Alesis Strik Multipad vs Yamaha DTX Multi-12)

As before - don't use a Roland pad. Use Yamaha pads. Better, cheaper, more zones (where applicable), on-board output adjuster, and obs - plug-and-play. Pick any shape you like - makes no difference. You can have a round one with a built-in controller bouncing up and down on a hat stand if...
  13. electrodrummer

Never had an issue with any electronic hat I've used over the decades. But obs this is subjective to you - both feel and sounds. But - Electronic drums are not acoustic drums - two totally different instruments. My synth doesn't look like, feel like, play like, or sound like a Steinway...
  14. electrodrummer

*Any* beaterless kick will work. All just £€$0.50 piezos and a bit of rubber. KT9, KT10, KU100, FatKat etc... Or get a Triggera Krigg as per the videos above --^ and use your acoustic pedal.
  15. electrodrummer

No one needs Bluetooth on an edrum module.