Recent content by Dutch

1. D

Music that moves you to tears

Moderators must be having a day off..
  2. D

Brushes

Love it, thanks for sharing
  3. D

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

The three I listened to growing up in the late 70s/early 80s: Stewart Copeland Phil Collins Peter Erskine
  4. D

Vintage Ajax snare

Hi, Got my hands on this vintage Ajax snare today. Needs a clean, a change of heads and wires but looks interesting. Anyone here know how to date this? Serial number is 50511. Cheers Dutch
  5. D

Pearl Rhythm Traveler on a gig!

Were you subbing for your friend in that band with the vocal concerns?
  6. D

yamaha stage or tour?

Think twice before getting the 800-series hardware: it’ll be heavy. I’ve just changed over to the Yamaha crosstown lightweight hardware and, as a sometimes gigging drummer, couldn’t be happier. Weight is overrated. dutch
  7. D

How do you mount your china cymbals?

Rim up, the other way I think it sounds too clangy (it’s a 17” K).
  8. D

Just a little venting

98 miles away!
  9. D

Never posted me playing before, so here goes!

I really enjoyed that; big fan of “less is more”. Dutch
  10. D

Can you tell what model year this kit is?

Yes, definitely the current series. I’m very happy with mine!
  11. D

Zildjian 6.5” splash?

Hoping someone can help identifying this for me. It seems a regular A Zildjian splash, but it has no stamp and measures almost 6.5”. It doesn’t look cut down, sounds good and weighs 120 grams. What do you think?
  12. D

Old Pearl snare

Came across this Pearl snare today; 6-lug, 6-ply, 14”. Sounds good. Anyone here know what era this is? Cheers Dutch
  13. D

I don't trust myself

The second track we did last week as we were experimenting with recording. Great song but not at all easy to play.. A few hiccups here and there, but nevertheless we were happy with results. Speeds up a bit towards the end, but not too much - the song gets a different dynamic when the sax comes...
  14. D

Last week's rehearsal

Recently we started experimenting with some recording gear we have and last week recorded this song. It's not very polished (we've only played it a few times before), and especially towards the end it sort of falls apart a bit when the guitarist tries to loop, but I like the song and overall...
  15. D

Yamaha Hipgig

I'm looking at buying a Yamaha Hipgig that is on offer locally, but am puzzled by the model... It is not the Rick Marotta signature model, but I can't find any documentation on this version. The bassdrum model ID is BD16HG, and the snare is SD12HG. Pictures below; can anyone help? Cheers, Dutch