Recent content by Drummerrobin

1. D

Sonor ProLite Kit with SQ2 Floor Toms?

Thank you! One of my life ambitions is to start the 15" floor tom revolution haha. In my opinion, it's the most versatile size and goes with 10" and 12" rack toms better than other floor tom sizes. For me, the 14" lacks low end punch and feels lacklustre when playing rock. And the 16" I often...
  2. D

Thanks for pointing that out, it's not something I noticed before. Definitely not a deal breaker for me though!
  3. D

I don't own any of the drums yet. I'll be ordering all the drums together, so this wouldn't be an option. The only way to assure the interior is consistent would probably be to order all SQ2 toms. However I can't say I'm fussed about the aesthetics of the inside of the drums. Pearl References...
  4. D

Interesting! I was not aware of being able to put ProLite badges on SQ2 drums. I looked on the configurator and there was no option to do that but I don't doubt that it might be possible. To be honest, the different badges wouldn't bother me much. When I talk about the toms going together, I'm...
  5. D

So I’m in an interesting predicament. For a while now I’ve been wanting to get a high end Sonor maple kit and after weighing up different options, I have settled on ordering a ProLite in Nussbaum finish (each drum would be costed individually). Now my ideal floor tom sizes would be 15x13” and...
  6. D

Gavin Harrison here!

Hi Gavin, hope you are well! I was wondering what your experience is on the subject of bass drum depth. It’s a subject that’s always eluded me slightly (along with many drummers I feel). I’ve noticed that for a long time you played a 22x17” but then switched to a 22x15” with the blue kit and...
  7. D

Is this conflicting info on Moeller?

Haha you basically nailed my long post in a short paragraph!
  8. D

Is this conflicting info on Moeller?

I was taught the Moeller technique in the UK by a superb teacher called Andy Leask, who was taught by Jim Chapin and continued going back to him for lessons for decades. I don't claim to have perfected the technique (you could argue no one has really) but I have a reasonable amount of experience...
  9. D

Nick Mason

Can you remember what he said about relaxing behind the kit out of interest?
  10. D

Preferred rack tom sizes

10x8", 12x9" racks. 15x13", 18x15" floors. For me, those are the perfect tom sizes and I personally hope 15" and 18" floor toms become more standard in the future. If the acoustic drum kit is to evolve further, I think that's where it should go. 15" floor toms for me are especially brilliant and...
  11. D

Gavin Harrison here!

Hi Gavin Here's a question on a topic that seems like it's been over-discussed, yet I don't think I've seen it appear on this thread (apologies if it has). I'm curious as to how you go about avoiding unwanted bass drum "flutter" - I'm talking about when the beater bounces off the head a little...
  12. D

Gavin Harrison here!

Thanks for your insight Gavin, much appreciated as always! All the best Robin
  13. D

Gavin Harrison here!

Hi Gavin, hope all is well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acA7vyaDag ^ This is something that I thought might be of interest to you as well as me. I recently came across this video yesterday on tuning toms and it REALLY grabbed me because I don't think I've ever seen such a methodical video...
  14. D

Buddy Rich Memorial Concert in UK!

Booked tickets for this earlier and thought you guys might appreciate a heads up. It's a memorial concert marking the 25th Anniversary of Buddy's passing and it's taking place at the London Palladium on April 2nd. More info here http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?StoryID=3030