Recent content by DrummerCA35

1. D

Options for Recording Roland V Drums

Call me crazy but I LIKE my TD-20 kit and the sounds. Just like my wife likes her 25+ year old digital piano.
  2. D

LCD burning out?

It's a TD-20. Got it around 2005, I can't even remember anymore. I'd hope the repair would be "reasonable"... and a lot less than buying a new module, but I don't know. Thanks
  3. D

Thank you! By library I meant all of the sounds in the TD-20 module. I wonder why that wouldn't be enough to get a good sound for the tracks; even if it's an old module at this point.
  4. D

LCD burning out?

Has anyone seen the LCD display on their module start to burn out? Sometimes it gets to the point where I’m not able to read it. This drum module is about 15 years old.
  5. D

Thank you! This is incredibly helpful. The flowchart is also extremely helpful. If I get a the MIDI file, the guitar player may just do the rest, using his own equipment. However, if I have this right, stage 4, I basically have the module take the MIDI file, and then I assume I can assign...
  6. D

Hello, I have a Roland TD-20 set, with a TDW-20 expansion card. I bought this stuff new years ago in the 2000's. Amazing how fast time goes by. I still enjoy practicing on it. Anyway, during this pandemic, our band wants to record a few songs. The person who knows the most about this, the...
  7. D

Looking at the future...

Agreed. And our band too. A hella loud 6-piece.
  8. D

Looking at the future...

Thanks for this post. Congratulations on your gig; that sounds great. That feeling that you had is the reason we do it, right? Are certainly the reason I do it. There’s some musicians and bands I know in my area who a couple of months ago I think played outside on a patio with masks on. But I...
  9. D

Taking a break from drumming

Totally agree. There’s been times where I didn’t play for a week or a couple of weeks and came back fresher and actually better. Also I like the idea of just setting them up! Good call.
  10. D

Looking at the future...

Yeah, no one has a crystal ball. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the future. Our band played a mix of cover material...ranging from Journey, to Eddie money, to KC and the sunshine band, to Bruno Mars, to wild cherry, to Lady Gaga…But probably the majority of the tunes being 70s...
  11. D

Taking a break from drumming

I have been playing drums since the age of 12. I’m now 51. I’ve been gigging since the age of 14. My profession is that of database administrator in an IT department which has its stresses. The drums have been my passion and fun outside of the family and profession. I haven’t picked up a...
  12. D

What Songs Do Audiences React Best To ?

A few of them in our set list are: Brick house All right now Signed sealed delivered Don’t stop believing September Let’s groove Uptown funk Good times Get down tonight
  13. D

One less tom/cymbal - stripping down kit

What about a mic on your jaw so can play with your teeth?
  14. D

Slim Jim Phantom? Bass/snare/cymbal?
  15. D

What about removing all toms and all cymbals? Just playing with a snare and bass drum? That would lighten the load.