Recent content by drummage

1. drummage

Carbon Fiber Drum Set by Monolith

Hello, I’m looking for a carbon fiber kit in great condition. Anthony, 516-323-1234 or 848-202-4321. Thank you!
  2. drummage

Ever regret buying a drumset?

1980 Ludwig. Basically an octaplus w/bottom heads & power size toms. Out of the 9 drums 5 had gaps in the plys. The 10” was thicker than the 12”!!! the thickness of all the drums were of arbitrary thickness, NO consistency whatsoever. And the hardware had those horrific black plastic handles...
  3. drummage

What about remo drums?

What’s the difference between the bravo and bravo 2? I’m dying to know!!! Thank you, Anthony.
  4. drummage

What's your latest purchase?

Here’s my super-cool Pearl GLX KIT...
  5. drummage

How’s the Luddys working out thus far?
  6. drummage

I’m in the process of purchasing a Pearl BLX Kit, made between 85’ and 88 So I’m told. Piano black lacquer, Both inside and out! Does anyone have any familiarity with these kits? In the parlance of that period the shells are relatively thick, which I like...
  7. drummage

show off your snare

This is a circa 1970 Yamaha, 2X the weight of just about any contemporary snare, 50 years old, and in mega-mint condition!
  8. drummage

Need a recommendation for a teacher for technique and hand rebuilding - specifically for faster singles and one hand multiples ("LLLLLLLL" etc)

Ps... And practice to a metronome!!! It will reinforce your timing, and you can gauge you progress...
  9. drummage

Need a recommendation for a teacher for technique and hand rebuilding - specifically for faster singles and one hand multiples ("LLLLLLLL" etc)

Hi Greg, do you use a practice pad? I highly recommend a Gel pad, made by Rtom, there's virtually no bounce. If you use a conventional pad, take a bath towel, fold it in half and cover the pad. I use mine (Vater) for 2 hours a day. I fold my towel 3 times, really negates the bounce. If you like...
  10. drummage

Yes! I know Dom very well. Super nice guy, great teacher..! I love him on a count of his eclectic approach. He's been teaching for like 40 years. Last I spoke with Dom he had just gotten back from Brazil for a clinic. Good luck!!!
  11. drummage

Congrats on your latest acquisition... I just picked up a beautiful set of Yamaha Stage Customs, in Honey Amber. All Birch shells, Bering edges are flawless, matching snare... 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 & matching snare. I can't believe how good they sound! I was also lucky enough to come across a 24"...
  12. drummage

Hello Greg! I'm hoping I can offer you a simple technique that has helped me tremendously. A well known teacher named Murray Spivack used this as the basis of developing speed... Use the middle finger as the fulcrum as opposed to the "pointy" finger. I've also gotten allot of mileage using a Gel...
  13. drummage

Drummers who use a 24" ride but smaller drum sizes.

After 53 years of playing (I did in fact fill in for Kool and the Gang's drummer twice!) I love my 24" ping, I find that I don't have to work as hard to get an "appropriate" sound... I happen to use a 10" tom,14" floor & 20" kick. Somewhat of an anomaly, I'm sure - but it works for me. And...