Recent content by drumgeek93

1. drumgeek93

Pain from Playing???

Hey guys, I'm 18 years old and I am having pain that I apparently shouldn't be having. I just went to the doctor, and he told me I had tendinitis in my right knee, he gave me a brace, and my wrists were hurting bad as well. I got cortisone shots, and so far things are looking up. Anybody else...
  2. drumgeek93

New Studio Session Video!!

We finally have a new Wood Family Studio Session out! this video features my mother on lead vocals, as well as my wacky "drummer face" in some shots. lol. If you look at my other videos I played open hand for a while. I have just now switched to playing traditional, in this video. Hope you guys...
  3. drumgeek93

FINALLY A New Wood Family Studio Session

Hey guys! Due to my recent surgery and a bunch of other reasons, we haven't been able to get in the studio for a while, but we're back and I hope you guys like our new song. It's a cover of a Rodney Crowell tune, Called "Stars On The Water" Let me know what you think...
  4. drumgeek93

Quantized drummers?

Hey guys, who has experience with quantization in the studio, or know any big names out there that use quantization. one other question. Do the Big dogs like Portnoy or other metal gods out there use it to make their double pedal stuff sound perfect. I am, in no way, a metal guy, but I couldn't...
  5. drumgeek93

Our version of Journey's "Faithfully"!

Hey guys, we finally did a journey tune! We tried to make it sound as Wood Family as possible. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks! http://youtu.be/_fQg51GOTR0?hd=1
  6. drumgeek93

What kit has most bang for the buck???

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a new maple kit. I would like to only spend around 2 grand. I love the new Tama Starclassics Maple. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
  7. drumgeek93

Contest Video

Hey guys I entered a Mapex drum contest. They had a selection of drum tracks to play along with, and I chose the Dave Weckl shuffle track. I added my own form of the Jeff Porcaro Shuffle to it, and I hope you guys dig it! If you like it a lot, please go to the contest website and vote for me...
  8. drumgeek93

Difficult Drum Cover

Hey guys, this is a really cool relaxed that Delbert McClinton did on his album "Acquired Taste". I think it has a little bit of drums in it, but I went ahead and added my own to the track. I hope you guys like it! It was a little difficult to feel the groove they had in the studio since I...
  9. drumgeek93

The Big Decision...

Ok guys, I am 18 and I need to decide what I'm going to do with my life. I have a couple choices. One, I could go to Nashville and serve people in drive-thru until I get enough session work in the studios(If I even get work in the first place). Second, I could get with a band and travel...
  10. drumgeek93

Crush Drums???

Does anybody have any experience with the Crush Drum Company? Im thinking of buying one of their maple kits.
  11. drumgeek93

Feels Like The First Time!

Hey guys, Me, my dad and some guys are starting a band and we are working on a quick demo to give to bar owners and whatnot. This is our take on the song Feels Like The First Time, by Foreigner. In a lower key of course ;-) Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
  12. drumgeek93

My First Drum Solo!

This is my first recorded drum solo, and I thought I'd try and make it as groovy and around the beat as possible. Hope you guys enjoy. Criticism is always welcome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ORu1JEcvU
  13. drumgeek93

For any of you you who "Like" us

Those who enjoy seeing me and my family perform in the studio, please goto our facebook page and "Like" us! Keep up with our news and all our videos. Just search Wood Family Studio Sessions in facebook or Google.
  14. drumgeek93

Father and Son Business

Hey guys, ever since I picked up the sticks I have wanted to be a session drummer in nashville, but now I am reconsidering. My father and I have been talking about taking the home studio to the next level (get a building, advertise, etc..). We are in NC currently and get decent session work but...
  15. drumgeek93

NEW from the Wood Family Studio Sessions!!

Here is my wonderful mother in the studio singing a great track. I, of course, am playing the drums with nice country train beat with the brushes. Hope you guys like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkLx7Nr3GBw&feature=channel_video_title