DrumDoug's latest activity

• DrumDoug
    DrumDoug replied to the thread 602 hats ringing?.
    I don’t think it’s the SE ripples that cause the ringing. I have a pair of Mastersounds that have ripples and they don’t ring.
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug replied to the thread 602 hats ringing?.
    It’s not those particular hats. For some reason some hi hats do this and some don’t. I and a friend of mine both have a set of Zildjian...
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug replied to the thread What is "Worship Music"?.
    Modern Worship Music: Play the slowest, saddest music you can, while singing about how happy you are.
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to Weave2112's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    Worship music: Every song sounds exactly the same, usually 74 BPM in 4, but occasionally they throw you a bone with a 6/8 at 120....be...
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    Back when I was playing it at my last church, I'd try to get it at least 90% like the recording. I did a lot of my own fills, but as...
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to brady's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    Yup!! I've played in quite a few churches over several years. You nailed it!! Some popular songs certainly USED to have a groove but...
  • DrumDoug
    I usually just try to capture the general feel. A lot of times it’s not possible to play the exact part. You are trying to cover drum...
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to Jeremy Bender's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    CCM is designed to elicit an emotional response not to edify. Akin to Modern Country, it's just awful mediocre music.
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to Mr Farkle's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    Man that’s an accurate description and really good answer to the original question. That is what it is.
  • DrumDoug
    While technically any music you worship to is worship music, “Worship Music” is a style of music has evolved over the last 20 years or...
  • DrumDoug
    When you say they fall apart when you loosen them, do you mean the bottoms nut falls off? Depending on how old/cheap your clutch is...
  • DrumDoug
    I second the Tama Iron Cobra stand. It’s as stable as any three legged I’ve played and folds up for packing much easier than other...
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to Jeff Almeyda's post in the thread Most stable 2 leg hi hat machine with Like Like.
    Hey Larry, I've tried almost everything out there, from the custom to the big manufacturers and the Tama hi hats are at the top of the...
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug replied to the thread Replacement VicFirth DB22s.
    Dumb me. Mine do say Peltor H9 on them. They are on Amazon but quite a bit more. I’ll check out the other pair as well.
  • DrumDoug
    DrumDoug reacted to jeffwj's post in the thread Replacement VicFirth DB22s with Like Like.
    I didn’t know that they were discontinued. Look closely at yours. Mine actually have “Peltor” in raised lettering on each side under...