Recent content by Drmjwilson

1. D

Where to buy Roland TD-50k?

Thanks for the helpful reply!
  2. D

Where to buy Roland TD-50k?

Any advice where to get a bundle package for a Roland kit TD-50k? Looks like retail is 5k and I have read that one should look for a bundle to get a slightly better deal. I am aware of Sweetwater. Any other online sites anyone can recommend? Thanks in advance!
  3. D

My reminiscence for Alex Van Halen

Sweet set! AVH is my favorite as well. Just got my dream set 2 years ago inspired by his first Balance tour kit (tried to upload a photo, but says file is too large? Strange, just a jpeg.). Need to get some octobans next, and I am always searching for a Tama Rosewood snare.
  4. D

MD Alex Van Halen Legends book

Great job Terry! So happy to see transcriptions of Outta Love Again, Loss of Control, Dirty Movies,HFT, Mine All Mine, 5150 and Pleasuredome. AVH is my favorite and so underrated in my opinion. Had seen them 26 times over the years. I am still reeling from Eddie’s passing. Perhaps you...
  5. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

Thanks. I am using 2 single pedals, but good to know if I ever switch to double ( Probably when I eventually get an electric kit to play late at night and not drive my wife crazy?).
  6. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

Driveshaft applies to a double pedal, correct?
  7. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

Thank you everyone for your replies!!
  8. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

9. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

Dang, the sales guy said I must buy DW pedals! JK,?
  10. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

Thanks for the feedback. No question I can practice more and have many shortcomings. I did go through Todd Sucherman’s 6 month course on Drumeo. He had a great excercise he calls “ The Rosetta Stone” that helps develop the bass drum foot. I’ll put some more time in with that.
  11. D

DW 9000 pedal struggle!!

So at age 48, bought my dream drumkit: DW custom 8 piece, double bass, with DW 9000 pedals. This was after a 15 year hiatus of not playing much due to living in a condo. As a frame of reference, grew up playing my father’s 4 piece green sparkle Rogers kit that I added a few roto-toms, and...
Back