donzo74's latest activity

• donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to timmdrum's post in the thread Drum Tuning Bible with Like Like.
    No, I don't use cord, period (per one of my posts earlier), so I've not gotten any results either way. I only found and posted the link...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to Elvis's post in the thread Drum Tuning Bible with Like Like.
    That because your way of threading the cord forces the wires towards the head, when the strainer is turned on. The other way pulls them...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Drum Tuning Bible.
    Timmdrum, to each their own and if you can get a good snare sound threading like that, I applaud you, sir! However, you did say that you...
    • Snares-threaded-under and up.jpg
    • Snares-threaded-over and down.jpg
  • donzo74
    Here are a few albums I always thought were great from start to finish: Rush - Moving Pictures Led Zeppelin - Zeppelin 4 Boston -...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to Brad S's post in the thread Vintage Yamaha 8000 with Love Love.
    Thanks for getting the shell construction right. I recently asked Yamaha tech support about the wood. The birch is from Hakkaido Island...
  • donzo74
    My Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute kit has all hanging toms, including the 14x12 and 16x14. I generally use that kit as a four piece with a...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to Woolwich's post in the thread Show us your Premier kits!! with Like Like.
    Nice one. I was 99% sure that was the colour to wood match but but didn't want to mention it for fear of misleading. In hindsight I...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Show us your Premier kits!!.
    Regarding the Genista reissues, I had read that the birch version came with the white BD reso head and the maple version came with the...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to Frosticles's post in the thread Show us your Premier kits!! with Love Love.
    Premier XPK in Tobacco Sunburst Lacquer by Kevin Frost, on Flickr Premier XPK in Tobacco Sunburst Lacquer by Kevin Frost, on Flickr...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Yamaha SC snare vs Pearl VPX.
    I'll add a third vote for the Yamaha SCB.
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Mapex armory snares.
    The recent 10 lug Stage Custom Birch is quite a nice surprise. Mine arrived from the factory with the snares perfectly centered and they...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Snare Wires / Importance..
    This is always my answer. They are cheap and sound great! I have several sets of Puresound wires at home and I've tried them on many...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Neil Peart.
    RIP, brother. An inspiration to so many and the epitome of class. Thank you, Neil!!
  • donzo74
    The car is long gone but I once loaded my 4 piece rock kit w/ 22” BD in a ‘93 Formula Firebird.
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread Suspension Mount Inversion Therapy with Like Like.
    If I'm not mistaken, Sakae drums come from the factory with the mounts on the bottom.