Recent content by doggyd69b

1. doggyd69b

NEED TIPS: Learning Drums By Ear

I also have the same ability and for me it's hard to explain to others that don't..
  2. doggyd69b

NEED TIPS: Learning Drums By Ear

i'm the same, I can't read sheet music and play at the same time but I can follow any song by ear relatively easy. I did have a hard time following Ringo because on some of the recording he can barely be heard, and he played very unconventional patterns sometimes..
  3. doggyd69b

INSTAGRAM / YOUTUBE DRUMMING CULTURE: LOVE IT? HATE IT? WHY?

The problem I see with YouTube is that when someone has a little bit of success and is asked to "become a partner" then their content creation not only has to be original, it has to be constant. that puts a burden on most people (not backed by a company.. i'm referring to solo acts here). They...
  4. doggyd69b

What is "Worship Music"?

I think that playing just like the recording works only when you are able to remove the instrument part from the original and it is a very well know part for example the drum roll in Rush's Tom Sawyer.. you simply can't play that different and not have it noted.. but for most other drum parts...
  5. doggyd69b

Are YouTube videos helping to create an ADD society?

That is almost true, but I more often than not find myself looking all over the internet for answers to things that I am working on, only to find out there are none, and when I figure it out, I post it for others to find.... that has happened at least 3 or 4 times since November last year... and...
  6. doggyd69b

Key word RELIABLE, I have seen many videos with the incorrect info...
  7. doggyd69b

It is not YouTube's fault it's the general laziness, just like Slayer didn't create satanic cults, Suicide solution wasn't about committing suicide and so on. It's the end user's fault or not for how they process the information received. I listened to death metal and all kinds of "Satanic"...
  8. doggyd69b

I made over $65k just by learning things from YouTube so I agree. but I use YT for both entertaining and learning, it has to be some value on what I watch, which is why I HATE reality tv, the biggest waste of life anyone can have is by watching that... now for the depression part.. well this may...
  9. doggyd69b

The way I see it, the dumber everyone else becomes, the smarter I become... so I will use that to my advantage.. oh wait, I already am...
  10. doggyd69b

Or just watch the movie Idiocracy, it explains (and correctly predicts) the future...
  11. doggyd69b

I hear you there.. yes that will become the standard because people are becoming dumber instead of smarter. By the age of 12 I had read (yes read there was no internet in 1982) over 1000 books, I used to read one 700 page book every 2-3 days so I read all my mother's collection really fast, I...
  12. doggyd69b

What is "Worship Music"?

Depends on what you want to worship... Behemoth can be worship music... I hate the word worship an as an atheist I don't worship anything...
  13. doggyd69b

Rack problems

I have the setup you see in my avatar picture, as well as a Roland set, I have no issues with either sympathetic resonance or unwanted vibration, and I have nothing under any clamps nor do I stuff the tubes with anything.. I hit fairly hard, not Mongo hard, but not girl soft either. My question...
  14. doggyd69b

Overhead mics

I guess as soon as I have the place I will start posting videos of the build process it should be lots of fun.. I will still have to work but I will retire from the military and just return to the same place as a civilian (to basically double my salary) so I should have enough funds to make it...
  15. doggyd69b

Overhead mics

Lewitt mics are nice but I have 5 toms and the snare, so that puts me way over what I would like to spend.. can I spend that much? sure but I can also use that extra $$ for other studio items.. I still have time.. and Yes the Presonus records separate tracks hence the reason why I am choosing...