Recent content by dirtyclinic

1. dirtyclinic

New Set of Drums!!!! Free? CRUSH content

I am still enjoying these. I was thinking that since I have 2 other acoustic sets that eventually I might move on from these or at least set up another kit after a while, but I haven't.
  2. dirtyclinic

Tama Superstar Classic

Awesome. My brother-in-law just got that Superstar Classic set this year in the same finish. It's a very nice set. Congrats.
  3. dirtyclinic

What's going on with Crush Drums?

I have sent messages on their website and their Facebook page but I have gotten zero response. They have new kits for sale on sites like Musician's Friend so I think they are still alive.
  4. dirtyclinic

How are you liking them?
  5. dirtyclinic

Trying to pick a different ride cymbal

Glad you found a ride you like. I was gonna say, I have had 3 different K rides and they were all great. My favorite is the K Custom Special Dry Ride. It sounds the best to me when playing the top but not so great crashing it.
  6. dirtyclinic

Garden variety DW Maple shells. Deal or no deal?

$1600 for that kit sounds like a good deal to me. I personally love DW drums. There are some definite criticisms of DW out there but I love the look, the sound, all of that. In the ad it's like "this is a "5-piece kit"...yeah, if you bring your own snare. I was lucky on my DW Collectors and I...
  7. dirtyclinic

Drum Dial or Tune Bot?

If guitarists just tuned by ear, it would be chaos.
  8. dirtyclinic

It has a nice EMAD head on it. It has a nice thump and doesn't ring out afterwards. I think the longer size sounds great, I haven't compared it to my other bass drums because they are kind of packed away but it sounds very loud and very thick.
  9. dirtyclinic

Centent cymbals

I thought it said "cement" cymbals and I clicked on this really quickly.
  10. dirtyclinic

I haven't measured it but looking at others online, I think it's 20"
  11. dirtyclinic

Tom position relative to kick drum

If the toms mount to the bass drum, this is as far back as I can get the toms to sit over the bass drum. I adjust to it and it's okay. If I can position the toms where ever I want, I put them pretty far back so half of the toms are off the back of the bass drum. It's just comfortable for me...
  12. dirtyclinic

Okay, I finally got this set put together. I have been doing some home improvement and my drum space has had everything from the spare bedroom in it until yesterday. I needed new snare wires, I needed a new snare head, and I had a lot of questions about tuning....chronicled in these threads...
  13. dirtyclinic

SJC custom

I hadn't heard of the brand until recently. One of my favorite YouTube drummers uses them so I think they are pretty cool now.
  14. dirtyclinic

Cutting a hole in the bass drum...How big, methods etc...

A long time I got a second hand entry level Pearl set. There was a tear in the Reso head on the bass drum but it was smaller than a CD. I took off the head, put a CD on the tear, traced it out and cut it with scissors. Brilliant!!!
  15. dirtyclinic

THE DRUM MODIFICATION THREAD.

It was a pretty sweet deal. The floor tom needed a batter and reso head and the snare needed a snare side head. They are pretty scratched up but I don't care. The bass drum is 20 inches, which is cool because all I have ever had are 22 inch bass drums.