Recent content by Desert Angel Drum Company

1. Desert Angel Drum Company

Cymbal series less likely to crack.

Check out Dino Danelli for proper cymbal set up. If you are breaking cymbals you are doing something wrong. Respect your equipment.
  2. Desert Angel Drum Company

Gretsch Drums Documentary, the Trailer

Don't worry I'm legit. Mostly I have repaired older drums and have sold them on eBay. Now I'm making some Desert Angel Drums using my own ideas. I'll attach a few photos of my latest work. Slingerland, Gretsch, Tosca (Tangerine), A champagne Ludwig and a Champagne Slingerland snare. Lastly...
  3. Desert Angel Drum Company

Gretsch Drums Documentary, the Trailer

Desert Angel is working away. Trying to use some Gretsch Ideas (silverish coating inside the drums, great new snare and maybe new superstructure around the bass drum.) Not using cast rims but stick saver rims, plus many new glitter colors. Gretsch and Slingerland are my favorites drum companies.
  4. Desert Angel Drum Company

My favorite sticks

Vic Firth Jack DeJohnette model. Nylon tip.
  5. Desert Angel Drum Company

New Brooklyn’s….silver sealer?

To me Gretsch round badge drums are the best by far. Maybe it's the influence of the guitar artisans? Anyhow Gretsch excels in all facets of great drums. Styling, sound, internal mufflers and just being cool. I'm rehabbing a Gretsch set right now and trying to incorporate some of the round badge...
  6. Desert Angel Drum Company

Arebthese drums worth anything?

Cool. Probably worth $500.00 to $600.00 Then $100.00 for shipping.
  7. Desert Angel Drum Company

Backbeats without rimshots - how to?

I use heavy rim shots for "rock", sometimes I use sticks with 2 butt ends no tips. The stroke hits the head and the rim simultaneously producing a loud rimshot. Miraculously I hardly break any sticks or heads. The snare is a 8 lug Slingerland with "stick saver" rims. My other snare is a Rogers...
  8. Desert Angel Drum Company

Desert Angel Drum Company

Here are some photos. Photo #2 shows some wrap on the grass. Flat on the grass is: Burgundy and Champagne. The drum wraps starting from left to right are : Atlantic Green, Wine, Aida, and Tosca below the Atlantic Green 8x12 tom. Notice some of the hardware on the left bass drum. Everything is...
  9. Desert Angel Drum Company

Desert Angel Drum Company

Desert Angel Drum Company was founded in 1996, at Mesa AZ. Now we are in Tucson AZ. I'm recovering a Gretsch kit and made some "Tosca" wrap today. Next we'll re-cover a Slingerland kit using "Das Rheingold". Tosca= Tangerine and Das Rheingold= Champagne. Tel. 520-258-8480.
  10. Desert Angel Drum Company

Bad Sounding Drums

Try adding independent temporary mufflers ( kleenex and scotch tape) to the tom head until you find the spot that reacts with the snare. Then maybe you could add a gel muffler to that spot on the tom. Hopefully this will end the sympathetic vibrations.
  11. Desert Angel Drum Company

Breaking sticks

I'm big and I hit hard. I take 4 Vic Firth (Jack DeJohnette) sticks with me per job and I have had great luck with them. I break maybe 1 stick per year. I use a Slingerland and or a Rogers Dynasonic snare. For the loudest music I use a rim shot constantly. Slingerland stick saver rims actually...
  12. Desert Angel Drum Company

snare throw off problem

Yeah, I went back and what I thought were spacers are just reflections, that would make a good song title.
  13. Desert Angel Drum Company

snare throw off problem

Something looks wrong. There are 2 spacers holding the Tama engraved part away from the strap. One spacer is copper maybe a 3/8" pipe. The other spacer is a 1/2" x 1/2" square piece of tubing. These spacers are not shown on the diagram above in the post. To me this looks as though the Tama piece...
  14. Desert Angel Drum Company

snare throw off problem

Something looks wrong. There are 2 spacers holding the Tama engraved part away from the strap. One spacer is copper maybe a 3/8" pipe. The other spacer is a 1/2" x 1/2" square piece of tubing. These spacers are not shown on the diagram further down in the post. To me this looks as though the...
Back