Recent content by decadeA

1. decadeA

Marks on cymbals.

hello, quick question, what kind of marks are these on cymbals? I have owned many B8 cymbals, Paiste PST7, PST8, 900, B8X, but after buying some zildjian As they have some ‘stains’ on them. What type are they and can they be removed? If not then it’s fine, just I don’t like the look of them...
  2. decadeA

Join a band

I feel really stupid, but are there any websites or something that I can use to help find a band? Or even things I could do? Thanks.
  3. decadeA

best snare drum upgrade

I found a 13x7 natal snare drum worth £290 ($385) for £200 ($265)
  4. decadeA

best snare drum upgrade

here’s how I have it tuned. I feel like it is versatile and can be used for a lot of styles.
  5. decadeA

best snare drum upgrade

I’ve had the kit for 2 years. A human being would think to change their heads if they’ve been there for two years. I have a Remo ambassador on the batter and reso. I also have pure sound 24 strand wires which I have adjusted to your description. I have tuned up the reso head a lot and tuned the...
  6. decadeA

how much would this go for?

so I should use it as a side snare or for parts?
  7. decadeA

best snare drum upgrade

the export is $90.
  8. decadeA

how much would this go for?

I was looking at snares to replace my current pearl export snare. I thought if I wanted something around the $250 mark, I might sell my current export snare. It is in excellent condition, literally nothing wrong with it and the heads are pretty new. How much do you think it’ll go for?
  9. decadeA

How much spare gear do you bring to a gig?

i I bring two extra pairs of carbon fiber sticks in case my vic firth american classic sticks break. I don’t like the feel of them and they mark the drumheads grey, but I know they won’t break if my wood sticks break.
  10. decadeA

List your equipment failures

once I was at a gig, but there was a drum kit already at the place, which meant I didn’t need to bring a kit. I brought an extra pair of drumsticks (carbon fiber, I don’t like them but if my normal sticks break, at least I know they won’t break), my old Mapex tornado pedal because it was what I...
  11. decadeA

How much spare gear do you bring to a gig?

once I was at a gig, but there was a drum kit already at the place, which meant I didn’t need to bring a kit. I brought my old Mapex pedal and a spare 14” head. The bass drum pedal was an iron cobra 900, pretty good and the drum kit was a custom drum kit. The bass drum pedal spring broke halfway...
  12. decadeA

Stage Custom Steel Snare

I found a used slp big black for £149 ($195)
  13. decadeA

Stage Custom Steel Snare

What about SLP steel snares?
  14. decadeA

Stage Custom Steel Snare

the supralite here in the U.K. is around $260! What is the best wood snare for around the price range?
  15. decadeA

Stage Custom Steel Snare

I’ll look at the price of a supralite here in Scotland.