Recent content by Dditto

1. D

Paiste Giant Beat edge dents

Hello! I just received a pair of Paiste Giant Beat multis and I have played them for around 2 hours and they have already formed small dents around the edges. What the heck?!?! My technique is more than adequate and I’ve never, ever had this problem on any cymbal. Is this normal for these...
  2. D

GAS for a new kit question- I need perspective!!!

You guys are the best. I realized that my yammies are perfect and exactly what I always have wanted. Instead of selling, I changed my setup from 10, 12, 14, 16 to 10, 16 and moved cymbals all around to different spots. I’ve always liked pinstripes on them, so I am going to be trying some new...
  3. D

Offset double bass pedal

I was using it on a 22” kick. With some tweaking, it felt amazing. Smooth, fast, and none of that lag I sometimes felt with the left pedal on other double pedal setups.
  4. D

Thanks for your replies. Sensibility should always prevail.
  5. D

Just left a band, so I primarily play at home now. Gigging will be in the future.
  6. D

Offset double bass pedal

I’ve got an offset for sale on Reverb if your interested in saving a little cash. I loved the pedal, but my preferences (and old age) really kept me from taking full advantage of the new setup. Offset Eclipse Double Pedal...
  7. D

Hello all- First time poster, long time lurker. GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) has really been with me since I bought a new Sonor Vintage series snare. I have a mid 80s Yamaha Recording Custom that I love (and swore I’d be buried with) BUT...I am starting to feel that it’s time to move on...