dcrigger's latest activity

• dcrigger
    Never bothered with tabs. I was fortunate to have someone start teaching me to read actual notation from day one. As a practical...
  • dcrigger
    My advice - Turn Off The Click... Not all of the time, of course, But a lot of the time. You know what the click sounds like and what...
  • dcrigger
    But that's kind of the point - training our ears to be able to play "with" other players. And IMO this is just a theoretical exercise...
  • dcrigger
    It is completely acceptable to break longer meters into smaller subdivisions for counting purposes. Thus the comments regarding breaking...
  • dcrigger
    dcrigger replied to the thread DAW swings.
    Here's the deal - as I understand it.... At it's most basic, swing 1/8th notes are the same as playing the 1st and 3rd 1/8th triplet of...
  • dcrigger
    Is it really necessary to continue the click all the way to slowdown part. If you use the set number of bars function and it turns...
  • dcrigger
    dcrigger reacted to Yamaha Rider's post in the thread TV - what do you use? with Haha Haha.
    The morality substitite being pushed by the entertainment (and advertising) industries came from the US's corrupted, extremist-captured...
  • dcrigger
    dcrigger replied to the thread TV - what do you use?.
    So far - no complaints at all. It's been reliable. The DVR aspect works as expected. I hate to be too enthusiastic with my thumbs up -...
  • dcrigger
    I started watching TV as a child in the late 1950's - and at no time do I recall TV shows being devoid of social commentary. In fact...
  • dcrigger
    AppleTV's controlling the TV's YouTubeTV - serving up local channels plus sort of basic cable via internet - also functions as DVR...
  • dcrigger
    dcrigger replied to the thread Anybody use concert toms?.
    Well....... for about 10-12 years, I found that to not be the case... at least for me. The funny thing is... the main inspiration for...
    • DC Blaemire set 1977.jpeg
  • dcrigger
    One workaround for that is to leave the bottom heads mounted on the drum. But just a very big hole in the head - like only leaving an...
  • dcrigger
    I used concert toms pretty exclusively from the early 70's into the mid-80's and could count on one hand the number of times folks mic'd...
  • dcrigger
    dcrigger replied to the thread Tempo.
    Absolutely - that's great! Though it takes more effort to do it - and so, it's just become something people avoid. There are...
  • dcrigger
    I've never thought for one second that those triplet hats were actually played as part of the live drum track. To my ears, it just...
Back