Recent content by DaveyBoy

1. D

£300 on a new snare

Hey guys I've got like £300 to spend on a new snare for Christmas. I've been doing a fair bit of research and I've so far acquired a small list of drums to try out when I next go to a drum store. The list so far: Pearl Sensitone Brass/Aluminium 14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther 'Phat Bob' 14" x...
  2. D

My Sonor Force 3005

Hey guys I've been here for a while and I've never really shown my kit off, so, here it is. Sonor Force 3005 in Red Maple 10" Tom (not used/pictured) 12" Tom 14" Tom 14" Snare 22" Bass drum Cymbals Sabian 22" HHX Legacy Heavy Ride Sabian 14" HHX Groove Hats Zildjian 20" ZHT Medium Ride...
  3. D

Sabian Paragon

I've been looking into them, who's using and abusing? Reviews? Sound clips? Dave EDIT: Specifically the ride and 20" crash
  4. D

Sabian 21" AA Rock Ride

Does anybody have it? Is it versitile? What applications could you use it in? Dave
  5. D

Sabian V-Crashes, good for funk?

How good are the Sabian V-Crashes for funk? Does anybody here have any? What are they like? David
  6. D

Good snare upgrade?

Right now i've got my standard Sonor Force 3005 snare at the moment and i'm looking for an upgrade. I really like Chad Smith's snare sound and that kind of funky punch, so im looking at maybe a Pearl Sensitone or a Ludwig Supraphonic? With medium tuning on the batter side and a cranked reso...
  7. D

New Cymbals

I've narrowed down my choices a bit Hi Hats wise to the14" A Custom Mastersounds, but i'm still looking at crashes and rides. I'm again considering A Customs and i play everything from blues to hard rock to electro, so naturally, versitilty is key. I like the 18" crashes (regular, Fast...
  8. D

Need some help

It's me again, i need some mo' cymbal advice. From your communal wealth and expereince, what cymbals would fit the blues-rock-indie-function side of music that i play the most. I'm talking about stuff like Muse, QOTSA, Incubus, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Kings of Leon, The Police, Biffy Clyro...
  9. D

Jazz cymbals...

My guitarist and I are intrested in starting, kind of like a cafe jazz band (resturants, parties, cafes etc) Now i know the jazz technique, but not the sound. What sort of stuff am i looking for? Characteristics and examples would be great God i feel noobish right now... Every bit of help is...