Recent content by dat yeti

1. dat yeti

Yamaha flying dragon experts!

Hi I just bought a used flying dragon for a decent price and it works properly with the exception of the hoop clamp. I seem to be missing the two screws that are needed to put tension for hoop clamp to work. Any ideas or help for screws? Any pictures of the right screws might help me find...
  2. dat yeti

Any differences between yamaha 700/800 hi hat stands?

I have been very interested in getting a good quality light weight hi hat stand. I love yamaha hardware as well and frankly, they are not too badly priced. I have been looking at these two hi hat stands, 800 and 700, and cannot find a difference other than the 800 having two double braced...
  3. dat yeti

Old Tama stand...very bottom tripod support struts pop off downpipe? Any ideas how to reconnect?

Hey DW, a few days ago I saw an ad for a bunch of stuff and bought an old tama boom stand. I'm not sure if its a titan but either I like everything about it. Just one thing is that it really isn't that stable. I think why its not as stable as it should be is because the bottom link that holds...
  4. dat yeti

What's going with Just Drums? Store closing?

The online site says its closing down for good and offering dealer cost on what seems like most things. Bummed out as I was just now going to buy something I had favorited awhile ago and its out of stock. http://www.justdrumsonline.com/ Any body know what happened?
  5. dat yeti

Tuning "experts" mini rant

HAHAHHAHAAHAA! Are you kidding me?! These videos are just terrible. What's the point of making?
  6. dat yeti

Tube diameters of yamaha 700/600 stands...No luck finding

Hi guys I have been looking at getting 2-3 boom stands. I've looked at all the brands and such and have for the most part decided on yamaha. New or used, doesn't matter as long as its good condition. I'm not looking at 800 or 900 as they're just not needed and for the price used and new, I'll...
  7. dat yeti

Set on getting a carmichael throne top. But what other components to choose...

I have known about Carmichael thrones for a long time and purchased my mother an office chair last year and it has been a great help so now its my turn! I've never had a nice throne. Always wanted a backrest, and this throne is definitely what I'm looking for. I am looking at the 15" top...
  8. dat yeti

Cleaning/re-lubing dry lugs and tension rods, how to go about it?

Hello DW. I am not completely new to cleaning lugs and tension rods. Here's my issue, I have an 11 year old black panther snare in great shape. Except the rods seem to be a sticky when tuning. This has only happened recently, and I rarely use the snare but keep it at a low tension all around...
  9. dat yeti

Any tips on switching footboards between two same or very similar/compatible pedals?

I have two pedals that share nearly the same parts, and footboards. I want to switch the footboards between them because the one I like more, is loose at the hinge on where it connects the heel plate to foot board. When I look at the heel plate hinge, it looks like the there is just a rod...
  10. dat yeti

Any ideas/experience about Remo ps3 bass head not sitting flat on Bearing edge?

Did not find the info I was looking for in other threads so here goes. I got a remo ps3 clear batter bass head, and a remo ps3 ebony ported reso bass head. Both for my 20" kick. I inspected both and they seemed fine. But when I put them on the bearing they don't sit flat after finger...
  11. dat yeti

Tama Gurus: What is this Tama 12" hammered steel snare?

Hello DW! I have spent almost a week trying to dig up info about this drum and can't find a single thing. It's a deep hammered steel 12" x 6.5" snare with small hammer indents. I can't find a catalog or blog about this anywhere or any soundfile. Here's the link...
  12. dat yeti

Lost drummers wanted

Omg is that Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off? jk lol That guy is insanely good! Thanks for this! Absolutely amazing!
  13. dat yeti

What to look for when buying used pedals...

Hey there DW new guy here. Looking at buying some used Mapex Falcon doubles from craigslist, the older version with changeable cams and strap/chain drives. I personally don't like buying used gear because it's tough to know for sure what the items are treated like and how long they'll last. I...
Back