Recent content by DangerousDave

1. DangerousDave

TAMA RS148-GXS - Limited edition snare... VERY CHEAP!!!

Hello everybody! (I posted this on another forum also.) I stumbled across this snare on the net and ordered it. 113€ brand new! Finally getting a snare with depth that's been bugging me for a long time. It's a GXS - Galaxy silver sparkle finish. I'm really excited for a lot of reasons +...
  2. DangerousDave

Just a few thoughts...

I was just reading a thread that Joey Kramer moved to Pearl. Feel free to join in... Why do we get so excited when a drummer changes a product company? Is it the same way with the guitarists, keyboard players, trumpet players? Are we so lost in the sea of marketing that we live through the...
  3. DangerousDave

Tama tension rod threads

Hello! Sorry if similar thread exists, haven't found it. I own Tama drums. It seemed to me is the tension rods were M6. So to prevent detuning I got some M6 nuts and when I put them on rods, they appeared to be bigger and didn't hold. Does anyone know what thread does Tama use on their rods...
  4. DangerousDave

Rubber between lugs and shell

Hello! Does anyone know what kind of rubber it actually is? Or is it some kind of PVC sheet? It looks to me it's more 'plasticy' than 'rubbery'. I'm interested because I would like to get some sheets of that material to put it on drumset. For help, it's the part 2-1 on pic below...
  5. DangerousDave

TAMA Speed Cobra junior (HP 310L)

Well, here it is... Not sure when it'll be available in USA, but as far as Europe is concerned, I think it's january of 2015. http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/product/hardware_data.php?year=2014&area=3&id=117#.VJgQM5AFAg
  6. DangerousDave

(Relatively) New Tama hardware line

Hello! Have you guys noticed the newer line that is in between RoadPro and Stagemaster? As far as I know it doesn't belong to any of the existing lines and it isn't part of a "new name" line, it's just... New :D Check out the picture below. There are snare stands, HH stands and boom stands that...
  7. DangerousDave

BD: Clear or coated with or without front logo?

Hey guys! Just interested in opinions about resonant BD heads. Which do you prefer? Do you have drum manufacturer logo or just plain head or something else? Myself, I went from EMAD resonant to G1 clears. I prefer everything following the same pattern so I removed original Evans logo which was...
  8. DangerousDave

Evans G2 as a bass reso head

Hello all! Has anyone tried this? I was thinking to put these as resos as they are almost twice as cheaper than EMAD resos. I do muffle my bass drums with sponge so does it really matter if it's 2-ply? Will I lose the incredible low end I produce with EMAD resos? :) Thanks!
  9. DangerousDave

Snare and bearing edges

Hi! While I made blueprints for my own snare with sharp edges, Gavin Harrison comes in with his signature snare and brings some disturbance in my determination. His snare has rounded edge on batter side and sharp on bottom. Now I had a plan of making a metal snare with sharp edges like Tama Bell...
  10. DangerousDave

Thoughts on powdercoating a bronze shell

Hello! I recently powdercoated every part of my newly acquired snare, except the shell, in black because it was in poor shape. Chrome pitting, oxidation... You know the story. Anyway, it looks killer meow. (I mean 'now' :) ) Now, since the shell is also in poor shape do you think if I...
  11. DangerousDave

TAMA guys: Is this a bronze or copper snare?

Hello. Just got this baby, will post pics later. It has a MCS50A lever cam strainer: http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/world/part.../msc50a_b.html But I can't find it in any catalogue. It has a badge like this: http://www.zecchinimusica.it/data/im.../P00490_02.jpg The hoops are brass mighty, 2.3mm...
  12. DangerousDave

Question for Tama BELL BRASS owners

Hello! Guys can you please post pictures of the bearing edges? I'm dying to see them. Are they really sharp as I heard once? How do the edges look on the snare beds? Thanks :)
  13. DangerousDave

Paiste cymbal CLEANER & PROTECTOR

Hello all! I would like to ask you guys who own these two products to share your experiences (and pictures before and after). Is it worth the money? I'm more interested in Protector since I can wash my cymbals pretty well without the cleaner. The problem comes in when you get an older cymbal...
  14. DangerousDave

Swingstar bass drum almost the same as Rockstar?

Hi all! I noticed in 2003 catalog that the only difference between the two is that Rockstar has 8 plies of Philippine mahagony (7 + 1 ply of basswood), and Swingstar has 6 plies of Philippine mahagony. Can you tell me more about the difference in sound between the two? Throw me as much info as...
  15. DangerousDave

Lars' silver sparkle kit

Hey guys can you please post pictures of Lars' silver sparkle kit? Many people like his 9 piece kits, but my vote goes to this baby. Post as many as you can :) Thanks http://www.ultimaterockpix.com/ebay/lars13.JPG