Recent content by Croc

1. Croc

Gavin Harrison here!

October 17, 2013 at Martyr's in Chicago. Zildjian clinic with Gavin. Epic night!
  2. Croc

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR from Bernhard

Thanks and happy holidays to you, Bernhard, and to all hitters, everywhere!
  3. Croc

When you play live, are you doing sticktricks and if not what else are you doing except for playing with the band?

I play out one week a year and perform with various musicians with different styles on some pretty tough songs. I'm hanging on for dear life making sure i hit the right fills at the right times and keep a decent pocket in between. My stick tricks are limited to trying to hold onto my sticks and...
  4. Croc

Carl Palmer

Saw him on one of the ELP tribute tours about 5 years ago. At the meet and greet, he was friendly and funny, making a pretty good wisecrack about my King Crimson shirt. When the trio begin playing, he looked a little sluggish and off track. I thought "Oh, man, he has hung around too long and...
  5. Croc

Are you playing Istanbul Agop Xist cymbals?

I have one; an Xist flat crash. Really short sustain, not terribly loud, takes a beating!
  6. Croc

Do you ever get the "Are you still playing drums" question?

Only once in 2001 during my "down" years. The person asking was my high school / college girlfriend who I hadn't talked to or seen in over 25 years at that time. She asked if I still played drums and I somewhat shamefully said no. I asked her if she was still playing acoustic guitar and she...
  7. Croc

Gavin Harrison here!

Hi Gavin - Thanks for a wonderfully entertaining concert in Philadelphia last week! I see where Steven mentioned the other day that you guys were battling illness. Hope all feel better, soon! Any tips for staying healthy on the road? I can't imagine having to play for three hours at that...
  8. Croc

Bass drum depth - some facts,

Hmm, I performed the same calculations and came up with the 24 x 18 having 8,140 cubic inches and 22 x 20 having 7,600 cubic inches of volume. These are based upon radius squared x pi x depth for the nominal sizes.
  9. Croc

Gavin Harrison here!

Hi Gavin - Hoping that you and your Mighty Crim bandmates travel safely and have a great time touring the States in the upcoming leg. Looking forward to seeing you, Pat, and Jez ripping it up, again!
  10. Croc

Triggers for S-flange Hoops?

Thanks for the responses, folks! Plenty of good suggestions to consider and I'll provide an update when I get through this exercise.
  11. Croc

Triggers for S-flange Hoops?

Anyone with experience using triggers on drums with S hoops? I have a Sonor Protean snare with an S hoop and am considering adding a trigger to layer another sound to the primary for a recording project. Thanks!
  12. Croc

Music that moves you to tears

Choral works get to me. Here's an example...
  13. Croc

What are the first 3 memorable rock concerts you attended?

As were we! Still a great night. GG threw down a set that Wakeman and his crew could not cover, IMO.
  14. Croc

What are the first 3 memorable rock concerts you attended?

Sounds like you were there for the October 1975 show with Gentle Giant opening, Procul Harum no-showing due to an equipment truck breakdown in West Virginia (as we found out MUCH later), and Rick Wakeman. The absence of PH was poorly handled.
  15. Croc

Bill Bruford's Yard Sale

I recall that part of his reasoning for stepping away from the kit was physical pain. Smart for getting out when he did. He could never play another stroke and still be aces in my book. I get the feeling he is decluttering more than selling to make next month's grocery bill. Wakeman is doing...
Back