Recent content by Concrete Pete

1. C

Bragging rights- triple threat!

Hey Crew, As many of you remember, just 2-3 years (or so) ago I couldn't even sing while playing drums without one or the other suffering horribly. For the last year or more, I've been doing lead vox in two of my bands (while drumming), and not only comfortable with it, but have actually...
  2. C

Took up keyboards

Hey Crew, I dunno about the rest of you, but I came to a point where I had to expand a little- most bands that I'm all do the same- (example) "OK, break at F sharp, then it's G, B-flat, A, and then we come back in after the C,B,A-minor", etc., etc., etc... I dunno what note is what, despite my...
  3. C

Who all can do this tune?

Hey Crew, I'm an old geezer (53, as most here already know) and have just recently gotten this song down to the 9's. It's damn fast (at least for me) and it's taken almost 3 weeks to nail it to the wall. I wanted to learn this song, as I used to hang out with M.C. in the 80's at The Rainbow...
  4. C

Rogers Swivo-matic parts--who needs what?

Hey crew, I hooked up yesterday with a super cool dude that I bought a BUNCH of Swivo parts from--enough to complete my Powertone kit, and a few more for "spares". Lemme know who needs what- I have a few spare parts, and he has a pretty good collection, too. (I have mounts, collets, etc)...
  5. C

3 songs from my old band

hey crew, Here's a website that has 3 of my songs (drumming) on it- the 3 songs are: 1) Workin' for a living 2) Your momma don't dance 3) Momma he treats your daughter mean. http://www.myspace.com/loosechangex5 All the other songs are with a previous drummer, and the 3 I'm on were recorded...
  6. C

My Reunion gig

Hey Crew, Just got back in last night from Columbus, Ohio for my 35th Reunion. As I posted here before, this was the 1st band for my class reunion- all the others had lame-ass DJ's that played rediculous off-era stuff. Well, despite all the roller-coasters, give-and-takes, and all the...
  7. C

Santana's Evil Ways

Hey Crew, Some of you might like this, but some may not- We ALWAYS seem to have bad lighting, and rarely find a camera angle that showcases the entire band. (sigh...) Oh well, that in mind, here's our attempt at Evil Ways. The ending came out pretty good...
  8. C

My new Shure headset mic

Hey Crew, Just got this yesterday, and It's WAY better than my other headset mic. It's a Shure SM10A, not expensive at all, and is very easy to wear. The tone and quality is outstanding, and it's best feature is that it picks up almost ZERO drum/cymbal "noise", whether I'm doing vox or not...
  9. C

HOLY COW- is my dad the world's oldest drummer?

Hey Crew, I was bored and surfing around online, and decided to look up "Oldest Drummer", "Oldest Drummer in the USA" and "World's Oldest Drummer". OK, that in mind, all I found was a few articles about guys YOUNGER than my 93 old Pop! My dad STILL plays drums (at home- he says he can't do...
  10. C

ZZ Top cover- LaGrange

Hey Crew, This was recorded on video in our rehearsal/recording spot, filmed by the keyboardists' son. Crap video quality, dark, shallow sound, the kid with the camera spins around like a top, and kinda dizzying. What the hell- check it out: (laugh if needed!)...
  11. C

UN-warping a bass hoop

Hey Crew, One of the repairs I had to make on that Rogers kit I got cheap was the batter-side wood bass hoop was pretty badly warped and distorted from having missing lug clamps and T-screws over the years it was stored. I took a (used, but good condition) batter head and mounted it on the...
  12. C

OK, here I go...

Hey Crew, I just booked the flight (tonight) to my 35th High School Reunion at the end of this month. It's in Columbus, Ohio. This will be the very 1st time we've had an actual BAND at the reunion, and I've been organizing it from out here in NorCal for the last 10 months. It'll just be 2 to...
  13. C

NEW quest- Swiv-O-Matic hardware

Hey Crew, Ya'll probably regard me as some obsessed retard by now, but that's OK. (wink!) I've been checking online (and any other resources I can find) for replacement, new, used, or NOS Swiv-O-Matic hardware for that '71 Rogers Powertone kit I bought for WAY cheap, and have been appalled...
  14. C

# 31

Hey Crew, As you've read from my previous posts, I (FINALLY) found a couple formulas to repair cracked and damaged cymbals after spending WAY too much money and time to make it ever worth my while, or even make a profit. (not that I give a damn- just had to do it, so I'm still happy) Well...
  15. C

Finding Rogers Swiv-o-matic hardware--ARRRRRGGGH!

Hey Crew, Man, what a roller-coaster ride I've been having trying to find a few bits of hardware for that Rogers 1971 kit I bought. Ive been ALL over the web, including Ebay, and when I (finally) find something I need at reasonable (or at least not WAY overpriced) cost, it's gone in an hour...