Recent content by CommanderRoss

1. CommanderRoss

What's better

For me, it has to be fun first. Period. While I know the gig I'm playing might be a workout, it has to be a fun one above all else. Otherwise, I won't like it & thus making it "work". I know I'll never be a pro-drummer at my age (that time has passed), so now it's all about the enjoyment of...
  2. CommanderRoss

Is that a tom?

Either/or. I have a left floor tom for fills or other time keeping functions. sometimes I'll put my 10" side snare there just to have some fun with. Many drummers do this in some aspect.
  3. CommanderRoss

Alternative practice pad materials

Other than the usual gum or neoprene rubbers, anyone experiment with alternative materials to practice on?
  4. CommanderRoss

Moon!!

Nothing beats seeing the Moon from time to time... 🤘
  5. CommanderRoss

Negative effects of positive feedback.

Best advise I've ever heard. Either you like what I bring to the stage or you don't. Either way, I'm gonna keep on playin' (even if it's just with myself). ;) :LOL:
  6. CommanderRoss

What is "Worship Music"?

"Gospel Chops".
  7. CommanderRoss

MOONSHINERS!!!

Same here. Hee-Haw was my go-to when I lived in Virginia. Makes sense as that "movie" was trash. Same for the first Mission: Impossible movie. Some of the original cast who were invited to the premier walked out of the screening as the writers totally killed the idea of the original show.
  8. CommanderRoss

Thank You Drummer World!

I've suggested to the Admin's to lock threads past 2 years. That way we can still access them for info, but can't comment & "revive the zombie". Maybe it'll happen one day, but I wouldn't hold your breath for the time being.
  9. CommanderRoss

MOONSHINERS!!!

This show was inspired by that process. The series was inspired by the 1975 film Moonrunners, about a bootlegger family which was also created by Gy Waldron and had many identical or similar character names and concepts. The show was the basis for a film of the same title in 2005.
  10. CommanderRoss

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

This. My first kit was an Export & there's a reason that line is still being made. It's rock solid in every respect with a price that's good for everyone. Your Sales Engineer will make it right. I've been dealing with mine for almost 10 years & never had an issue.
  11. CommanderRoss

Public Service Annoucement . . .

Awwww yiiiiisssss!! 🤘 ❤
  12. CommanderRoss

Stack or Aux Hats Location

See where Neil has his? Right there for me too.
  13. CommanderRoss

Anyone going to drop 2k on the Armand 100 Cymbal?

We did as I was the one who first posted about this. ;)
  14. CommanderRoss

Public Service Annoucement . . .

I love cheapy cymbals to use as experimentation fodder. But I do see your point about a certain kind seemingly everywhere!!
  15. CommanderRoss

Drummer's curse

I've only had a handful of musicians specifically comment on my playing. Most compliment the band as a whole and that's a good thing in my book. The "Musicians" you speak of (the ones who split hairs about your snare sound or what sticks you use), are the ones I listen to & then forget what...