Recent content by Clutch_Rod

1. C

Does Anyone Actually Gig with A&F Kits and Snares?

Way over priced, very low tech manufacturing as well. I'm surprised their still in business.
  2. C

VK 7empest snare drum?

The throw that comes with the VK drums is just a thin piece of Sheetmetal. its about as cheap of a thow as could be made. which is a complete contrast to the rest of the drum.... If you see one in person you'll, immediately understand what I'm saying. I think they tried to make up for it with...
  3. C

DW's $4000 True Cast Bell Bronze snare!

That's a great looking drum! but DW is getting a bit big for their britches...on their prices for such. I wonder what the mark up on that is?
  4. C

DW's $4000 True Cast Bell Bronze snare!

I The DW drum does come with a really nice case though, and those aren't cheap.
  5. C

New DW icon snare

Gar Samuelson played for Megadeth on killing is my business and peace sells, If my memory is right, I think he was one of the very first DW players, not sure if he was endorsed though. now THAT.... would be a killer snare drum!
  6. C

VK 7empest snare drum?

There's a lot of hype that go with the VK drums but, I bought 2 anyway. mine both got smashed in transit, a few of the stainless lugs were damaged as well, and had to be replaced. and VK made good on replacing them, it just took about a month. the cast Iron I bought had a damaged throw as well...
  7. C

Ludwig Black Beauty 14 x 6.5 vs 14 x 8

I own the 5,6.5 & 8. I'd say the 8" simply gives you more drum shell sound. it's slightly slower, just as the 5" is slightly faster.
  8. C

VK 7empest snare drum?

I did manage to locate and purchase one #16. Its a fun drum to play. was disappointed with the flimsy/fragile throw off though.
  9. C

Gorgeous Red Rock Drums Jarrah Stave Snare

They seem to be picking up where Brady left off.
  10. C

Are Solid-Shell Snares worth the money?

I heard DW is going to put our some Radio King snares in the not too distant future, Via their Slingerland acquisition. I'll definitely get a few of those!
  11. C

Cutting through the chase- In reference to the original post topic. "Is it worth the money"? with consideration to the manufacturing process, yes. because it literally cost a factual amount to manufacture and transport it. In the USA anyway. once the labor shifts to Mexico, Asia, Etc. the cost...
  12. C

Perhaps we should look at the material & man hours involved, to justify a cost presentation on a $2,000 drum? A fair hourly shop rate is $40-60. but lets say 40 for now. How many hours of labor would it take a pro, to build out a craviotto snare shell... 10..20...40? Lets say 20 although its...
  13. C

Pearl Reference Cast Steel ?

I saw that, wasn't really a review though.
  14. C

Pearl Reference Cast Steel ?

I looked around on the net but there's not much usable feedback on these, and they have been out for quite some time. Any owners here have pro's and Cons on them?
  15. C

Craviottos with Ludwig Hardware???

I think it's great! It got me poking around on the net to see what else their doing and, I found a buddy Rich craviotto. was HAPPY to add it to my craviotto collection. I'm down with the, "other" types of lugs on the craviotto stuff. I bought the noble and cooley with Ludwig hardware from drum...
Back