Recent content by Chunkaway

1. Chunkaway

British Drum Company needs to stop doing this...

Fair enough, but if you go on Instagram you can see several drummers playing their sets in a variety of finishes. Why not take pictures of those drums before you send them out?
  2. Chunkaway

British Drum Company needs to stop doing this...

I have a British Drum Company snare and it is fantastic. I mean, it's among the best wood snare drums I have ever played. I was so inspired by the snare that I was seriously thinking about buying an entire kit. And then I looked at their finish choices. It is ridiculous in this day and age that...
  3. Chunkaway

New tools

That makes sense, actually.
  4. Chunkaway

New tools

I'm glad yours sounds great. My Recording Custom bass, I remember, sounded thin and reedy without much depth. It had a LOT of attack and slap without much roundness. I remember I was recording in LA back in 1993 and was using my Recording Customs. The engineer, producer, and I all agreed the...
  5. Chunkaway

New tools

Totally agree with this post. I owned a Recording Custom from the early 1990s, and it was easily the worst sounding bass drum I have ever played. My drums, while being very articulate and precise sounding, definitely were lacking in low end as well. What they do, they do well though.
  6. Chunkaway

My New to Me Vintage Ludwigs

Thank you very much for the kind words.
  7. Chunkaway

Haha! It actually drives me a little crazy, but what's worse is the head is slightly off-center which drives me batty.
  8. Chunkaway

Yeah, so do I!
  9. Chunkaway

KB Brakes...and they are AWESOME! I love them! https://www.kbrakes.com/products/kb512
  10. Chunkaway

I recently decided to buy a player's kit to be able to use whenever I have to go to places that are a bit sketchy or if I'm sharing gear. I stumbled across a Ludwig Downbeat set from 1967. Then I found a 16" floor tom and a 22" bass for reasonable prices. So, what started off as just a cheap...
  11. Chunkaway

Show off your Ludwigs? : )

1967 Ludwig Downbeat with add-on 16" floor tom (I also have a matching 22" bass drum) in burgundy sparkle. Player's kit, but it's a blast to play.
  12. Chunkaway

I couldn’t help it. I missed THE sound.

I believe Bo sold these drums off a month or two after he bought them.
  13. Chunkaway

Wood Snare Recommendations Wanted

You are absolutely correct. I'm blown away by how good it sounds.
  14. Chunkaway

Wood Snare Recommendations Wanted

I have a BDC Maverick and it is fantastic!