Recent content by charliejuson

1. C

acrylic drum sparkle finish?

I have a customer asking for a blue acrylic drum kit but with sparkles, now at first i said i was unable to do that but then he told me that he has seen some other companies use a transparent sparkly wrap over the top of the acrylic shell. does anybody know of anywhere i can get this sort of...
  2. C

show off your home built drum kits

I wanna see all of the drum kits everyone has built on here, I'm getting into building drums a little, mainly acrylic and want some inspiration as well as just to admire what people have put the effort in too. I want to see your snares, kits, octobans, timbales, other percussion bits, even...
  3. C

acrylic timbales?

I'm looking into building some acrylic timbales, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? i would be having them to my right above my china most probably, i want 2 and then I'm going to have 4 acrylic octobans to my left and thought some acrylic timbales could fit in with the set...
  4. C

Drum riser/platform

I want to get or build a drum riser for photographing and recording acrylic drums I build, they will be outside for this (WHEN it's nice weather) and want to keep them off the ground. Does anybody have any tips on building one or where they sell them in the uk? Cheers
  5. C

Drum Badge Design

Sorry, not really drum related but is anybody on here able to make me a drum badge design that i can send off for laser cutting? Had a go myself but the only software for 2D designing/cad designing that i know how to use is 2D design but i didn't want to fork out on that. If you can, pm me and...
  6. C

Ride cymbal, suggestions

I'm in the market for a new ride, I'm thinking 21 or 22", I'm looking for a nice ping, I've become fed up with my 20" AAX stage ride as it just has too much wash and I've never really liked it that much anyway. I play mainly punk/rock and sometimes dip into a bit of pop punk like green day...
  7. C

should i swap my acrylic kit for a DDrum dominion maple?

I know this is down to personal opinion but i have been offered to swap an acrylic kit that i have built for a DDrum dominion maple kit fully hard cased with snare to match. This is my kit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ynY0miYjA and another video -...
  8. C

Drum company name ideas?

I want to start a small drum company, only to make a few extra quid on the side, i have ways of sourcing the shells and hardware cheap. What would you guys call your drum company if you started one? (I know i am never going to be as big as a custom drum company such as SJC or AJP but in the...
  9. C

Good 3 piece kit?

hi, I'm selling some acrylic drums i made and have had a fair few offers around £800, the kit is 22, 16, 13. I thought that with this money i could put it towards getting a good gigging kit, 3 pieces. I have been offered a DW collectors in blue broken glass for £900 so will only have to pay a...
  10. C

which crash out of these should i get?

i know this is completely based on personal preferences but something has come up… 3 cymbals i can get are: paiste rude 18" crash/ride - £35 (repaired semi circle on edge) zildjian k 18" dark medium thin crash - £75 (repaired two semi circles on edge) zildjian k 19" dark medium thin crash -...
  11. C

mapex carry bags any good?

i have found a second hand set of 5 mapex drum cases/bags and meinl cymbal bag for really cheap, will these be ok to store my second kit in? i will have them stacked up in the corner of the room and maybe just taking a few drums out now and again for gigging, will these cases be ok for storage...
  12. C

Need fund raising ideas...

*excuse spelling and grammar, I'm using my phone* Hi, i was looking on this Facebook page where people in the uk buy, sell and trade drums and drumming equipment and I saw a guy listing his drum kit with the caption "selling these as my disabled 8 year old son needs a new specially made car...
  13. C

anybody play a guitar that matches your drums?

i have an acoustic guitar and i want to get an electric, just for getting rhythms in song writing and maybe if i do a gig with my band and for some reason they can't bring their guitar but mainly just for home use. I though it would be cool if i could get a guitar that matches my drums (silver...
  14. C

need to make my kick drum quieter!

i recently got the tama speed cobra and because of its power, it has made my bass drum sound really loud and my neighbours have started to complain in subtle ways, is their anyway i can sort of lift the bass drum off the floor? i have seen the bass drum riser but it says they only fit 18" and...
  15. C

cymbal lathe...

Hi, i want to start sort of tinkering with some old cymbals by thinning them down a little or just trying different things out and i was wondering where i could get a cymbal lathe if you can buy them straight up or would i have to make one? I am completely new to this so what would i need to...
Back