Recent content by cdrums21

1. cdrums21

How OCD are you about your set up?

I think you can tell a lot about a drummer by the way his/her set up looks. I’m OCD in a lot of areas about my kit. I have to have the logos on the heads lined up with the grommet hole/badge and have them facing directly away from me, 12:00 position on the toms when I look at them. I used a...
  2. cdrums21

Snare Tuning ?

I would make sure that you don’t sacrifice your snare sound to get a good tom sound. I would do the opposite since your snare is the main voice of the kit. Get it happening and then try to tweak the two mounted toms until you have a sound you can live with. You won’t get rid of all snare buzz...
  3. cdrums21

Your Preferred Method of Snare Drum Muffling

The emperor X is the thickest Remo head yes. I love a coated ambassador on my black beauty as well, but it just doesn’t last long enough for my purposes. I use them in the studio though.
  4. cdrums21

Yes, I've seen videos and know of drummers who had them tuned too low IMO. They can sound tubby at a tuning where another head may sound good. Keep going up past that tubbiness and then the head starts coming into its zone. They really do open up and have a nice tone and pop at higher tensions...
  5. cdrums21

I'm with ya man, I have an Empeor X on my black beauty and at a little higher tuning, the head sounds great on that drum, tames the ringing of the brass shell just enough. A lot of people comment about the thickness and it being unresponsive....which is true to a small degree, but for playing...
  6. cdrums21

What are the materials and/or layout of your favorite sounding room to play in?

That sounds awesome man. Don’t the drums almost play themselves in an acoustical atmosphere like that? So much fun when you hear that sound you love.
  7. cdrums21

Drum set you have never tried but would love to .

Those Stone drums you have look intriguing. I've never heard of them before. What configuration do you have of his offerings?
  8. cdrums21

So what’s your drumming story (your career and experiences to date)?

Holy crap dude! Great stuff. Love these stories!!
  9. cdrums21

Yep, my advice for longevity as a drummer would be to keep great time, to play a solid groove and listen to the other band members so as not to step on their parts. Be a fun hang, make your band mates laugh harder than ever and you'll gig for a long time. ;)
  10. cdrums21

What are the materials and/or layout of your favorite sounding room to play in?

There was a club I played extensively a few years back that had the best sounding room for drums, at least for what I like to hear. It was a pretty large room, seating for about 600 people with about 12 foot tile ceilings. There was a stage and it was carpeted, but there was a very large dance...
  11. cdrums21

Show us a drum you “tricked out” or modified from stock

Now those are some sweet looking drums! Very cool man, I bet they sound awesome.
  12. cdrums21

Show us a drum you “tricked out” or modified from stock

Yeah, didn't think of that. My bad. Thanks for directing me to that page!
  13. cdrums21

We all share a love of drumming and are drumming brothers no matter what level we achieve. Thanks for taking the time to post!
  14. cdrums21

If You Like Pina Coladas

Does anyone remember "Magnet and steel" by Walter Egan? That was one of those songs that I tried not to like but couldn't. I thought it was kinda cool for some unknown reason haha.
  15. cdrums21

You know it man. I have 2 daughters and there is something about little girls that steal my heart. So sweet. Congratulations man and thanks so much for sharing your story!!