Recent content by CCdrummer

1. C

Metallica on Howard Stern

Just watched this performance on Howard Stern. I thought it was the best they have sounded as a band in a long time. What do you think? Sorry I did not copy the link but easy to find on YouTube
  2. C

Playing with drumless tracks?

Started this thread because of what I read through on the recent drum cover thread. Right now I just do not have the time or the energy to devote to organizing, joining, etc etc a band between a busy work schedule and helping to care for an elderly parent. I like to play along with covers...
  3. C

Can we have a "Hall of Fame" section?

Now that was funny! : ) : )
  4. C

Tinnitus and Magnesium Deficiency

Started taking magnesium supplements for something else and noticed that my tinnitus was greatly reduced, I would say the perceived volume dropped by about 50% Did a search on the topic and apparently others have also experienced and reduction, and scientific trials were about to begin. Try...
  5. C

Good covers for this type of band?

Hello A group of young dudes where I work have asked me to sit in as drummer for their school project band they are forming, due to the lack of availability of someone of a more appropriate age. I would like to work towards them being able to pull off somewhere around a ten song set. The...
  6. C

Basic drum maintenance?

The thread on why people treat their drums so poorly made me realize that I know Absolutely nothing about basic drum set maintenance, someone mentioned oiling the tension rods something that I have never done. Not surprising, I remember my dad telling me "you are hard on equipment son", but that...
  7. C

First song you played along with on drums?

Mary's thread got me thinking about this. For me it was "New York groove" by ace frehley of all things. I was 12. I remember it was a big production for me as I had to wait until my brother went out so I could move his stereo system from his room and get it moved back before he got home to...
  8. C

What is your local music scene?

There have been a few threads lately about gigging, and it got me to thinking about my local music scene here, or generally lack of one that I am at all interested in. Here in the deep south of Alberta, in a city of about 100 000 people there really isn't much going on to get me excited or...
  9. C

Share your favorite more obscure movie

Maybe not so much to the forum members in NZ and Oz, but mine is "Eagle vs Shark". Its done along the lines of "Napoleon Dynamite" but with a few more layers beneath the surface. Btw, Merry Christmas everyone.
  10. C

Do drummers have the ability to transcend time and space?

My speed is slowly improving, and I am beginning to notice that as I get a little bit faster, I am starting to perceive more space as far as time intervals between the notes. Therefore does this mean that time around me is passing more quickly relative to me as long as I play? There is so...
  11. C

Drumset or Drumkit?

Which do you use when referring to your drums? I always say "drumset". I always thought if you said "drumkit" or "the kit" you are just trying to sound cool. Please chime in on this very important issue. ; )
  12. C

A question for drum room builders....

I have a space that is 10' by 12'. I am considering turning this into a soundproof room(or as close as humanly possible) The room is actually 10' by 24' but I would like to keep some space open for other things so it would involve adding another wall to divide it into two rooms. The ceiling...
  13. C

App for repeating parts of songs?

I was just in the process of learning some songs and often find it necessary to listen to one small part over and over to get it right. This is a real pain to do with my iphone or ipod. Is there an app available where I can set the device just to replay a certain part over and over? I am...
  14. C

Jack DeJohnette

Very inspiring to watch. Great views of what he does with the fingers on his left hand as far as stroke. Thanks for posting.
  15. C

Guilty of TV practice?

Myself, yes. Just wondering, how many of you out there have the pad set up in front of the tv, computer,or ipad, to entertain you while you work on singles, doubles, rudiments etc etc.? I recently had it pointed out on a recent thread that this not really a great thing to do while practicing...
Back