Recent content by cangaroo

1. C

Asking for some advice from a Medium-Beginner

Hi im asking for some advice here because i feel im stuck in my drum learning process. Its been 5 years since i started playin drums (i was 35), but as of today i feel that i improved very little. I practice after work, around 1 hour, i cant last longer because usually im tired and im prone to...
  2. C

Ludwig LM400 Supraphonic Classic Tuning

Hi there, i have a question for all you LM400 users and Supraphonic Experts. Though i owned this beast for years, i'm still strugglin to obtain a decent snare tone from it. My goal is to get the "classic" supra tone, but all i'm getting is a harshy meatless sound. For reference the kind of...
  3. C

Remo clear "ambassador batter" vs clear "ambassador"

Hi there, for some reason i've found myself with two clear heads marked as "ambassador batter". what is te difference between them and the standard clear ambassadors (marked only as "ambassador") ? not sure but the "ambassador batter" seem a few thinner to my ear ...
  4. C

Snare Tuning for Old Fashioned RnB

Hi all there. Last night i had a gig with my band, some musician in the audience criticized my snare sound (i own a early 70s Ludwig Supra, 14x5). It's some time that i'm struggling on how to achieve a good snare sound but it seem like i have to work on it some more. How can i achieve a snare...
  5. C

Best Heads (Skins) for a 70s Ludwig Supraphonic 14x5 Snare

Hi there, i recently purchased an early 70s Ludwig Supra 14x5 snare. I mounted a coated emperor in the batter side, and a clear ambassador in the resonant. The main problem is that i'm getting a so-so tone from the snare, no personality at all ... so i'm starting to think that the Emperor is...
  6. C

New member here

Hi there, i'm CJ from Italy and i'm new to this forum. I'm a newbie in the drum field (actually i've played bass for 20+ years), i hope i'll enjoy the forum, since i need some valid suggestion from expert drummers !!
Back