Recent content by Brently

1. B

This vs that

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about Pearl Masters Complete vs Tama Starclassic. I'm looking to buy a new 3 piece shell pack. They both seem to be well reviewed and have a similar price point.
  2. B

Zildjan cymbal advice

Ive got Zildjan A Custom 14 and 17 Fast crashes, and a K Custom Organic ride. Im thinking of doing away with the 14 and K ride and replacing them with a 19 or 20 crash. Any suggestions on what would pair nicely with the 17 Fast Crash, and still give some rideability?
  3. B

Tom advice

Thanks. While I really want the 10 (for minimalistic purposes) I had a feeling that I'd hear 12 from experienced drummers.
  4. B

Tom advice

I cant belive I dont have a photo of it! Yet. BTW, I use a foot pedal that attaches to the cajon for the kick. We have a nice Bose system w/ sub, so it does have a nice bottom end, surprisingly. Ive got an "L" rod coming off the hat stand that the snare attaches to. It seems to hold up just fine.
  5. B

Tom advice

Novice drummer, but capable of holding down a groove. Small venue gigs regularly. Ive been creating my own "cocktail kit" that I can transport easily and assemble in minutes: Jumbo cajon (with pickups) for kick, 10" snare and a couple nice cymbals...crash and hats. Im looking for advice on a...
Back