Recent content by Brandtwi

1. Brandtwi

Why Is Yamaha Dropping DTX 900, 700 & 500 Series?

I thought about it, but I'm not sure I want to buy a product that's being cancelled. There could be problems getting parts or expanding or ....
  2. Brandtwi

THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

WANTED: Yamaha Recording Custom 14x13 Floor tom - prefer black to match my 2019 kit. Thanks
  3. Brandtwi

WANTED: Yamaha Recording Custom 14x13' floor tom - prefer black to match rest of my 2019 kit. If you come across one please let me know. THANKS
  4. Brandtwi

Why Is Yamaha Dropping DTX 900, 700 & 500 Series?

I was thinking about buying a Yamaha DTX 920k but I'm having trouble finding one. Then I heard that Yamaha dropped the DTX 900, 700 & 500 series electric drums. Does anybody know why Yamaha decided to drop them???
  5. Brandtwi

WANTED: Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple Drum Set with 20" bass drum, 14" floor tom, 10" & 12" mounted toms and 14" snare. Prefer Black but will consider other finishes. I don't care if they are scratched up as long as they are in excellent playing shape (bearing edges, etc.). I've wanted this...
  6. Brandtwi

Best electronic drum sets in my opinion

I vote for the new Roland TD-27.
  7. Brandtwi

Electronic drums with low volume cymbols

I've been satisfied using low volume cymbals without miking them. They are low enough when I play low & loud enough when I play louder without miking them. I just set them up and play.
  8. Brandtwi

What happens if i take the wraps off my drums.

WOW! They look great without the wraps. The natural wood looks cool. What kind of wood are your drums made of? Peace.
  9. Brandtwi

Top Hi-Hat Cymbal Should Be Slightly Larger Than Bottom !?

My hi-hat cymbals slowly cut away my wooded sticks until the shaft gets thinner & thinner & finally it's no good. This happens, I believe, because the bottom hi-hat cymbal sometimes sticks out further than the top cymbal and cuts away at the stick little by little as the stick hits it. So why...
  10. Brandtwi

Trade 2019 Gretsch USA Custom for 2018 Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple?

I bought them because I got a super low price ($2500 for 6 pc USA Custom) and because they have been one of my "dream kits" for many years. They were ordered by someone ( I guess?) but were damaged while being shipped (one tension rod bent & front hoop cracked). I changed the tension rod & the...
  11. Brandtwi

My USA Customs are the Natural Lacquer finish & they are absolutely beautiful in my opinion. The Hybrid Maple kit is Piano Black. The Hybrid Maple kit does have sizes I like (20" & 22" bass drums, 14 & 16" Floor Toms, with 10 & 12" Mounted Toms = very versatile sizes). My Gretsch is 22" bass...
  12. Brandtwi

I agree with all of y'all - I think being locked up at home because of coronavirus is starting to get to me. I do like the Hybrid Maple kit but I love my USA Customs & I'm keeping them till I die. Sorry guys & thanks for talking some sense back in me. Y'all are the greatest!
  13. Brandtwi

There is a guy that wants to trade me his 6 pc 2018 Yamaha Hybrid Maple drums for my 6 pc 2019 Gretsch USA Custom. Would u consider this a fair trade? When did Yamaha last upgrade the Hybrid Maple? Is 2018 the latest version of the Hybrid Maple? Thanks
  14. Brandtwi

What Songs Do Audiences React Best To ?

I'm in an all original band & we are looking to add a few cover tunes. Looking for the songs that really get the audiences excited ( like when bands play "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond ) or the songs that get everyone on the dance floor. What songs have you noticed get the best crowd...
  15. Brandtwi

Difference Between Roland TD-17KVX & TD-27KV ??

I spend most of my practice time on my electric drum kit so that I don't disturb my neighbors (especially at 3:am) but the hard rubber on the toms & kick is taking a painful toll on my body. I am thinking about upgrading to a new & better kit. I was checking out the new Roland TD-27KV but when I...