Recent content by BradGunnerSGT

1. BradGunnerSGT

Drummers Can't Dance?

Based on my limited sample size of one (me) I can confirm that statement. Drummers can't dance.
  2. BradGunnerSGT

Finally! My First Final Phil Collins tribute kit

His kit is an ergonomic nightmare. It worked for him for a long time, but led to back and wrist problems later in life. Those short signature sticks of his didn't help, either. I had a pair of those, thinking "I'm a short guy, too, maybe I need shorter sticks". They made it hard to reach...
  3. BradGunnerSGT

GC Wouldn't Let Me In

100% this. Everyone going around in full hazmat-level PPE is not feasible, but if we do go out we should ALL protect each other by lowering the percentage of airborne particles coming out of our mouths and noses due to the simple acts of breathing and speaking. If we reduce by even a small...
  4. BradGunnerSGT

VELOC One-Trip Drum Transport System

A Rock-n-Roller cart and some bungie cords is like $150 bucks, though....
  5. BradGunnerSGT

What are your all time top 3 cover versions of your favourite songs?

Steven Wilson's tribute to David Bowie, a live version of Space Oddity, is also fantastic.
  6. BradGunnerSGT

Large diaphragm overhead mic for $150?

+1 for the AT 2020 or 2035. These are both solid "do-it-all" LDCs that won't break the bank.
  7. BradGunnerSGT

Remo Silentstrokes on resonate side?

You should try loosening the silentstroke head until it feels less bouncy. You don't have to tighten them up like a normal head. The bottom head is there to vibrate just a little bit to give a sense of tone (you can tune the toms to get a good interval). Like newolide said, the silentstroke...
  8. BradGunnerSGT

Lightweight hardweare recomendations

I have these too, and love them. All I have to do is fold up the legs and the hi-hat footboard and put them into a speaker stand bag with the base for my throne (it's a lightweight base from a cheap Gibraltar throne). The whole thing weighs less than two double braced stands.
  9. BradGunnerSGT

Cymbal Bag Recommendations?

I've got this one and I love it for several reasons, mainly that it has a huge pocket across the back and smaller pockets for a lot of accessories. I don't even carry a stick bag any more and just put everything in there...
  10. BradGunnerSGT

The One That Got Away

Tama's G-Bubinga SLP snare drum. That was a heavy beast but it sounded and looked amazing. I'm playing an aluminum Recording Custom now that I also love but that Bubinga was a beautiful piece of gear.
  11. BradGunnerSGT

Marking the fulcrum

Depending on the song or the style of music, or even between sections of the song you may not want your hands to have exact mirror grip. They are usually doing different things so adjusting your grip style and how far up or down the stick you hold it may change subconsciously. Gavin Harrison...
  12. BradGunnerSGT

light weight drum kit

The whole Yamaha Stage Custom line is very lightweight. I replaced a Gretsch Renown Maple kit with a Stage Custom, and the whole kit weighs less than just the bass drum from the Gretsch kit.
  13. BradGunnerSGT

New Yamaha Stage Custom Hips

Looks interesting. I'm curious if they will offer the bass drum by itself like they do for their 18-24" bass drums. I'd love one as an alternative to my existing 20x17" kick drum on my regular kit.
  14. BradGunnerSGT

Stanton Moore now with Zildjian

I wonder if he is going to encourage some changes to some of the Zildjian lines the way he influenced Sabian with the incorporation of the Crescent line. Apparently he uses Kerope cymbals in his new setup: https://vicfirth.zildjian.com/stanton-moore.html On a side note, I low-key knew that...
  15. BradGunnerSGT

Judith and Siva from a last week gigs

The bass player needed to put his hair up in a pony tail in the break before the second verse. Other than that, this was a great cover of Judith. Just kidding. These kids rock!!