Recent content by Bovine Joni

1. Bovine Joni

AAX 'Praise and Worship' ??? Are these same as other cymbals?

So I'm buying my first decent cymbal setup and I love hearing the AAX cymbals. They fit my style quite well and the value of the bundle is good. I've found 2 AAX bundles both are very similar, one is labeled the 'Praise and Worship' pack designed for church music. They both have X-Plosion...
  2. Bovine Joni

Which pedal to buy??

My current options. 1. Used Iron Cobra 900 $149 2. New Iron Cobra 600. $129 3. New DW 3000 (part of 3000 hw pack) All 3 in budget, need other hardware but buying sale items fromTama and others for HH stand and cymbals stands and a used Pearl 900 snare stand. I just want to really pick the...
  3. Bovine Joni

Help picking new kit

Mapex makes black nickel drum hardware, looks pretty cool
  4. Bovine Joni

Help picking new kit

I'm in the same position, I'm buying a kit now that'll last me awhile and that will grow as I advance in skill. Finish is important, not everything but it affects things. I'm still deciding but my mind has switched from no kit to kit. 5 piece then 7 piece, brand A to brand B, hardware options...
  5. Bovine Joni

Practice routine

Right now I practice mostly on a pad. I save some YouTube vids on stick control and other exercises that I play with. I also have some stuff written down, but I go through all my basic rudiments/strokes at different tempos with metronome and then work on different accents when I play them. This...
  6. Bovine Joni

Should I buy a pa speaker?

Just my .02, but I like playing to songs too. I'm setting up a new drum room and plan on getting an LG 300 watt shelf speaker system. It's around $100 and has wired and wireless connectivity. The 2 speakers can be setup wherever for stereo sound. It has plenty of amplified sound and bass for a...