Recent content by Botiarazman

1. B

What brand is this cymbal?

It sounds really cool, like some higher end jazz ride. I was very pleasantly surprised.
  2. B

Oh wow, yeah, that's probably it! There's very little info about them online though.
  3. B

Hey everyone! I bought this 20" ride for less than 20$ basically; I didn't even care that it was unbranded - probably got cleaned once and the logo got scrubbed off. No serial number or anything, it's probably not a very high end instrument. Out of sheer curiosity though, has anyone ever seen...
  4. B

Bass Drum Unported Reso Head Suggestions

It's rock-ish stuff that's touching on jazz. Steve Smith comes to mind, maybe Keith Carlock, Bill Bruford. So it has to have some thump but it also has to be responsive with some sustain.
  5. B

Bass Drum Unported Reso Head Suggestions

Hey all! I'm thinking about trying an unported reso for a while, but I have no clue as to what head would be ideal. Right now I have a Remo Ambassador coated with a porthole, but I'm not a fan of the sound, it's kinda flappy and thin. I have a 22×18, so I'm very curious about the results. If...
  6. B

Kit piics!

Yup, 5th one is for a splash, I've broken it tho, so no splash rn 😆 And yup, gotta have 2 floors.
  7. B

Kit piics!

Yyeeah, I do the offset toms because I hate to have that extra space between the 10" and the hihat. I also like to have access to that tom with the left hand, I like to play flams and stuff.
  8. B

Kit piics!

Ooh alright. Didn't recognise those lugs..!
  9. B

Kit piics!

Nice! What brand is the first kit?
  10. B

Kit piics!

Moral of the story: cheap(-ish) drums can look cool too! 😏 (Atleast imho it looks cool, waiting for your opinions) Also it's such a powerful feeling to sit down behind a decent kit in a big room like this and just go for it...
  11. B

Best/strongest quick set cymbal nut?

Fair. Lol I only need one on this particular stand. But I might just end up getting an x-hat arm or sth...
  12. B

Best/strongest quick set cymbal nut?

What are the strongest quick set cymbal nuts? I have a stack that I have to put together/take apart between songs, because I use the cymbals separately as well. But the Tama quick set cymbal mate thingie that I have is just not strong enough to keep the stack tight, so I have to use a normal...
  13. B

Screws for snare throw-off

Hey everyone! I broke one of the screws that keep the plastic strip holding the snare wires in place. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?
  14. B

Simon Phillips signature sticks

http://www.simon-phillips.com/gear.htm His website says he uses his signature sticks. https://equipboard.com/pros/simon-phillips https://www.moderndrummer.com/article/simon-phillips/ These say so as well, although the second one mentions he uses the model "FBH550TW" occasionally.
  15. B

A guide to drum books

I was more bored than frustrated... it just didn't feel like I was getting at anything. I was just going through the pages but there wasn't any challenge in that... I realized I probably wasn't doing it the right way.
Back