Recent content by bodhran

1. bodhran

Assembling an Excellent Student Snare Drum Kit

I have been asked what would make an excellent snare drum outfit for a beginner student (school band.) I know all the big drum companies have kits with stands and bags. But what would make a great setup as the quality of parts and pieces might vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Here are...
  2. bodhran

Looking for a Snare Set Recommendation

Hey folks, thanks for all the advice you sent my way on this project! I thought you might want to hear the Haskell Harr with the 14" 24 Strand Fat Cat Dual Adjustable Snappy Snare Wires set.
  3. bodhran

Fantastic information all! We are going to proceed with a "Fat Cat" snare set on the Slingerland. We've already have a Fiberskyn Ambassador on the batter side. I should have mentioned before, this drum will likely be used as a concert snare and not for marching (it's kinda small.) Also, might...
  4. bodhran

Any experience or thoughts on this snare unit? 14" 24 Strand Fat Cat Dual Adjustable Snappy Snare Wires https://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6175
  5. bodhran

Thanks very much for the follow-up response. The snare beds are very pronounced. See photo.
  6. bodhran

Let me clarify my original question. What I should have asked is, "what snare set is recommended for this type of snare drum." Rather than how do I attach it to the strainer.
  7. bodhran

Hello, I recently bought a Slingerland Haskell W. Harr 10x14 parade snare drum. It's dated 1962. By the catalog I believe it to be the model 536F in Mahogany. I'd like to continue to use the Zoomatic strainer, as it is in great shape. However, I'd like to get away from the individual snare...
  8. bodhran

Ludwig Rocker?

Not all Black/White badged Ludwig drums were made in Asia! I have a made in USA 6.5x14" Rocker for sale right now. It is the original mirrored chrome wrap over wood! It's in beautiful shape and was recently tuned up with new heads and is ready to play. PM me for more info.
  9. bodhran

Recommendations for Zoomatic Replacement

Hi Folks, I have a 1962 Slingerland marching snare drum that I would like to update the original strainer on. Does anyone have a suggestion for a relatively easy replacement? It would be nice to change out the butt plate too... Thanks!
  10. bodhran

Swivel Nuts to fit Ludwig LR-751 Snare Drum Lugs

I ordered a 4-pack from DCP. We'll see how the fit. They certainly look right! Thank you for your offer Mr. Wolf.
  11. bodhran

Swivel Nuts to fit Ludwig LR-751 Snare Drum Lugs

Hi folks, I am looking for at least one swivel nut to fit a lug on a LR-751 6.5x14" Ludwig Rocker snare drum. I measure 7/8" in length and 9/32" outside diameter. Please see attached photo. Thanks!
  12. bodhran

Power Unit Needed for TD-3

Any advice on where to buy a PSB-1U power adaptor, or an equivalent unit to power the TD-3 sound module? Thanks!
  13. bodhran

Mike Fasano Autographed Pork Pie Snare Drum

Any idea what the model is and if it was made in the US? It's dated "2-12-04" inside. Thanks!
  14. bodhran

Exactly! Thanks johnwesley. The last thing I want to do is make potentially false claims that this signature is real! Could be some Warrant fan trying out their forgery skills for all I know!
  15. bodhran

Does anyone know if there are any Pork Pie experts on the forum?